Considering

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dsin

Post by Dsin »

Hi, I'm about to buy a new car and have 3 options

Audi r8 2015
Mercedes amg GT 2015
Jaguar Ftype 2017 v6 400

Is there jaguar a good car, fun, practical for short runs mainly, mechanically sound no major bugs/faults.

What extras should I ensure the car has?
Does it come with parking sensors, heated seats as standard

Fez

Post by Fez »

There all good cars... I can only speak about the 400 as that is the one I drive. All come with rear parking sensors, heat seats an extra, you need a pan roof to. Some of the 400,s are rare, jaguar made 338 for the uk market there are only 5 black AWD convertibles in the UK and 75 black awd coupe. The rest are either white or silver and you can work out the numbers. Some will argue that it was a marketing stunt but time will tell. The supercharge v6 is due to be replace in 2020 so the 400 might be the most powerful v6 to come off the production line. Next engine likely to be a turbo bmw engine....
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
scm

Post by scm »

Answer to your first question - yes. :D

Second question really depends on what you want, my must-haves were fixed rear spoiler, heated and cooled seats, and heated windscreen and steering wheel.

Others on here have the 400 so will be able to advise on what it comes with.

Finally, it seems you have choice between the F-Type or a soulless piece of German engineering - the Jag is just so much fun!
Last edited by scm on Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Can't help with the R8 or Merc. Just wondering why you are comparing those against the Jaguar V6 and not looking for a V8.

The 400 sport came across two model variations which were MY18 and MY18.5. The .5 picked up some extra kit for free. The base spec was rear sensors only but I thought heated seats were included (with addition of cooled seats an option). Anyway you can't order 400 sports anymore so it depends on colour, Coope/Convertible and options you want. There are usually around 5 or 6 for sale at any one time on Jag approved website. Easiest way is find one and put the VIN into Topix and it will list it's full spec and LESS anything that was not factory installed. Looking at the LESS list is an easy way to compare two used models.

Also check the Online Service history as unfortunately some end up being magazine and track cars and miss service intervals and end up going via fleet company's and COPART before being returned to Jaguar as approved used. I mean they are used approved vehicles but personally I wouldn't want one that has been abused in early life and missed servicing etc.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
basher

Post by basher »

I have a 400 AWD coupe as a daily driver. Lots of fun. Very practical for a 2 seater - boot is deceptively large. More than enough oomph having come from an Audi TTS. Absolutely gorgeous to look at, and I love the 400 styling (satin black external sports pack, yellow decals & contrast stitching).

Mine is a used one, and came with panoramic roof, heated & cooled seats, 2 zone climate control, heated steering wheel). Not sure which of these are standard, but all a must IMHO. 2017 F-types have upgraded seats and infotainment too.

As has been said already, it's a rare model.

Good luck... you won't be disappointed.
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
scm

Post by scm »

basher wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:07 pm Good luck... you won't be disappointed.
Well, if you are, seek psychiatric help! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Dsin wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:12 pm Hi, I'm about to buy a new car and have 3 options

Audi r8 2015
Mercedes amg GT 2015
Jaguar Ftype 2017 v6 400

Is there jaguar a good car, fun, practical for short runs mainly, mechanically sound no major bugs/faults.

What extras should I ensure the car has?
Does it come with parking sensors, heated seats as standard
Hello and welcome ...
1st 2 choices not for me as I have had loads of German cars over the years

the fact is my f type is the longest I have ever kept a car so that is saying something .. plus my wife has just purchased another JLR example, plus the new dealership buildingS are great

so for me the F type .. plus a little bit biased as you are on the F TYPE FORUM :)