Hello, and anyone got a buyers guide please?

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Sir Jagalot

Post by Sir Jagalot »

Check the oil level. It'll save you a load of hassle later (if it's overfilled.)
Foot OFF brake, press Start button, press up/down buttons until 'Vehicle Info' is displayed on dash, scroll down to Oil Level and check all is well. Do this at least 10 mins after shutdown.
Happy hunting!

scm

Post by scm »

Sir Jagalot wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:19 pm Check the oil level. It'll save you a load of hassle later (if it's overfilled.)
Foot OFF brake, press Start button, press up/down buttons until 'Vehicle Info' is displayed on dash, scroll down to Oil Level and check all is well. Do this at least 10 mins after shutdown.
And make sure the car is dead level, any incline and the results will be inaccurate.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
santoshlv426

Post by santoshlv426 »

Learn something new everyday.
I typed in my VIN on the link and my car came up but no service history has been recorded against and it's had it's 3 services so long.
F Type 5.0L V8 RWD 2016
Rhodium Silver

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

MarkH wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:35 pm Thanks SimpleR

The reg is KU15 VHM

Hi,

-----------------
The author, that's me by the way!!, assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this data. The information contained below is provided on an “as is” basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy or usefulness.
------------------

From Jaguar Systems, VIN SAJAD64S5G8K27818 returns the following data.

Vehicle Information
-------------------
MY2016
WVTA - e11*2001/116*0272
Engine - 3.0L SC V6 Petrol
Version - 2DR CONV PET V6 SC CONV FEAT
Transmission - 6-Speed Manual 2WD
Drive - RHD
Body style - 2 DOOR CONVERTIBLE
Colour - POLARIS WHITE
Built - CASTLE BROMWICH

0 outstanding field service actions.

Dates
-----
Pre-Delivery Inspection
NOT RECORDED

Date of First Registration
23-JUN-15

Factory Warranty Start Date
30-JUN-15

Factory Warranty End Date
29-JUN-18

Service History
--------------
Here - https://osh.jaguar.com

PDI Inspect - Not recorded (Missing)
1st Service - 30-DEC-16 (6 months late and over on miles by 4,975)
2nd Service - 27-NOV-17 (OK)
3rd Service - 28-NOV-18 (OK)

4th Service - Due 28-NOV-19 or 52,780 miles whichever comes first
MOT Due - 22-JUN-19

0 outstanding alerts for this vehicle

Car was prepared for sale on 13-APR-17 so presume you will be 3rd owner (or more)
It was sold by Guy Salmon in Northampton so would have had 2yrs extended warranty at point of sale but unsure when it was actually sold. The 2yr extended warranty must be nearly up?

MY16 Sequence Number 27818 Build Sheet
--------------------
9X8.5 FR/19X9.5 RR PROPELLER
245/40 FRT/275/35 RR ZR19
ACTIVE SPORT EXHAUST
AMBIENT LIGHTING
AUTO DIMMING REAR VIEW MIRROR
AUTOMATIC HEADLAMP ON/OFF
BASE SOUND SYS (L1)
BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY
BONNET LOUVRE - BLACK
BRAKE CALIPERS-SILVER
BUMPER INSERT - SATIN BLACK
BUMPERS-SPORTY (BDY COLOUR)
CARPET-EBONY
CENTRE CONSOLE - LOCKABLE
CRUISE CONTROL
DIGITAL AUDIO BROADCAST
DR TRIM PNL-PVC
DRIVER HEATED SEAT
DRIVERS SEAT - SPORTS
ENGINE POWER SOURCE - 340/450
EU6 EMISSION
FLOOR MATS-LEATHER EDGED
FOOT PEDAL - STANDARD
FRONT PARKING AID
GRILLE-BLK MESH/CHROME SRD
HEADLINING - MORZINE
HEATED FRONT WINDSCREEN
HEATED PASSENGER SEAT
HEATED STEERING WHEELS
INSTR CLUS SURR-SATIN CHROME
INT ENV COL - JET
INTERIOR GRAPHITE TRIM ACCENT
INTERIOR SWITCH BEZEL BLACK
INTERIOR SWITCH FINISH BLACK
IP FAC CNTRST-JET/JET
IP INSERT-LIGHT ALUMINIUM
IP-PVC
JDO WINTER MODE/DYN MODE (DNU)
JET HEADLINER
JET TUNNEL CONSOLE
KEYLESS START
KIT TYRE REPAIR - HIGH LINE
LAMINATED WNDSCRN
LOCKABLE STOWAGE BIN
MANUAL 6-WAY DRV SEAT ADJUSTER
MANUAL 6-WAY PASS SEAT ADJUST
MANUAL GEARSHIFT
MID SERIES ANALOG CLUSTER
NAV REG 1 EUROPE
NAVIGATION - SD CARD
NLI HEAD UNIT LEVEL C
PANEL AIR DEFLECTOR
PASSENGER SEAT - SPORTS
PERFORMANCE BRAKE PROGRAMME
POLARIS WHITE/FUJI WHITE
RAIN SENSOR-FRONT W/WPR
REAR AXLE OPEN DIFF
REAR SPOILER-DEPLOYABLE
REVERSE PARKING AID
ROLL BAR - SATIN CHROME
RR BUMPER-SPORTY (BODY COLOUR)
SEATBELT - JET
SEATBELT LCK RETRACT-EMERGENCY
SIDE DR TRDPLT-METAL
SIDE VENTS - BRIGHT
SOS/ASSISTANCE CALL
STARTER SYSTEM - STOP/START
STNG WHL-LEATHER WRAPPED
STRG COLM-POWER TILT/RACK
SUNVISOR,SINGLE-DRIVER
TCU MODULE - ROW
TPO CONSOLE MATERIAL
TYRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTM
UNITED KINGDOM
XENON HEADLAMPS

MY16 Options Not Installed
-----------------------------
LESS AIR PURIFIER SENSOR
LESS AUTO HIGH BEAM ASSIST
LESS BLIND SPOT MONITORING SYS
LESS BREAKDOWN WARNING SIGN
LESS CAMERA
LESS CONSOLE CONTRAST STITCH
LESS CONTRAST STITCHING
LESS DOOR STITCH
LESS EXHAUST TONE
LESS EXTERIOR TRIM SURROUNDS
LESS FIRST AID KIT
LESS GARAGE DOOR OPENER
LESS INCONTROL APPS
LESS IP CONTRAST STITCH
LESS PASS PROGRAM SEAT CONTROL
LESS PROGRAMMABLE DRIVER SEAT
LESS ROOF CONVERSION
LESS SIDE SILLS
LESS SPARE WHEEL
LESS SVP
LESS TRIM SEAT INSERT
LESS TV RECEIVER

INTERNET SEARCH AND COMMENTS
----------------------------

I cannot find anything on the internet with this registration plate. It is quite a basic spec and a rare 340 manual. Against other vehicles it is missing some options others would prefer such as no switchable active exhaust, base 180W sound system, no rear camera and no electric seats as most cars have this but completely up to you. Options are peoples own options of course.

The car insurance database listed the vehicle value as £26,845. (Lower value £25,845 - higher value £29,445). This is the payout (minus excess) you would get in the event of a total loss (stolen/written off/etc). If your paying more than that then consider insurance with a guaranteed value or GAP if available.

There is no PDI listed on the vehicle. The online service history should list a record for PDI for the online service history to be complete. When you come to sell the car having a full and complete service history can be an advantage so if you are purchasing this vehicle I would get the dealer to find the PDI record and add it. Also note the late and over mileage first service however as its out of warranty then you might not be fussed about this.

If being sold by a Jaguar main dealer then ask to see the 165 point check. There are lots of information on this report including tread depth etc. Some dealers ignore the used approved requirement when in actual fact the car should have new tyres if below a certain value in mm. In general things to check:
- Oil level
- tyre condition
- brake condition
- get new MOT
- panel alignment

With any second hand car worth getting an independent inspection and report done to ensure it is finance free and not been involved in an accident however as this is used approved the dealer should provide evidence of this to you anyway.

HTH
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
MarkH

Post by MarkH »

Many thanks
kyanite

Post by kyanite »

Hi,

I've just joined the forum and currently on the hunt for my F-Type!

The above was a good read as I too wondered about what to look out for when viewing cars. I have narrowed down my search to a few cars and plan to view them shortly as they are just in and need servicing/MOT/preparing.

I see that simpleR is able to provide a good background check and servicing details. As I am a new member I don't think I can PM you with details but would you be able to do a check for me please if I supply the reg and/or VIN? I have done some initial checks myself e.g. DVLA, initial/free HPI type checks at this stage and the garage (independent) have supplied a highlevel service history but it's more where, when and the mileage. I am interested to know if there is any more detail available from the services, like if anything was flagged as amber/red and might leave me with a hefty bill further down the line.

The car is approaching the end of its initial warranty and I plan to take out an extended warranty (any recommendations - Jaguar direct or other?) but of course that will cover failure of parts and not general wear and tear which may have been flagged on a service. This car is due it's next service and first MOT shortly and the garage will put it through those prior to sale. They may well be open to showing all the paperwork to highlight any advisories, etc. However if simpleR can provide me a background check at least I can go fully armed with info to discuss and negotiate on price.

The DVLA tax check also states that the car's tax ran out on in May this year. Obviously something I will question with the garage. I'm sure there are lots of reasons why but I wondered if the car might have gone to auction (thoughts?) and hence the gap in not being taxed. Is there anyway to check this (site or paid service)? Will the garage need to tax the car or are they covered to drive non-taxed cars under their own company cover for example? This is the only thing making me question the car at the moment as the spec pretty much ticks everything I am looking for.

Thanks in advance for any help on the above.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

You check for advisories on MOTs here -

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
kyanite

Post by kyanite »

Thanks TopCat. It's due it first one now/prior to sale so will definitely check before I go see to ensure the garage are being upfront with me on history, etc.

Out of interest, how do you find the Storm Grey colour as that's the colour of the car I'm looking at? I've found a few images online but they range from looking like a flat grey to great fleck, almost pearlescent.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

The colour looks flat and darker when in the shade and slightly lighter and shows the flecks in the sun when the colour looks its best. It’s been renamed carpathian grey.

The F Type looks good in all colours and it’s personal preference as to which colour is best. When I purchased mine I was considering the storm grey, silicon silver or the Italian racing red.
Last edited by TopCat on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

The F-type looks gorgeous in any colour. ;)
Good luck with your hunt, you won't be disappointed if you get the right car (though your jaw may ache with the permanent grin you'll have). :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!