Hi Everyone

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi Guys

Using the "3 year" subscription link it downloaded the latest map (for free) 08.030.0101.0156, so think they all take you to the same download.

The Downloader software gave me the option to format the Card as FAT 32 before downloading, which was handy, that took a minute or so.

Map Download took about 3 hours, onto my 64Gb Sandisk card, so will try that in the car in due course, although next few days I will definitely be in the Evoque… been through enough floods today to have seen the F-type float away!!!

So next was the sound system I have the Surround sound system, and frankly compared to my Evoque (Non Surround Meridian 380W) it sounded terrible. after resetting all the Bass and treble settings, it sounds a bit better, but had weird boom artefacts when the Music Bass was high. The saw the 4 sound type options "Stereo, Meridian, Dolby, DTS", all 3 surround settings whilst sounding good on the surface, added strange artefacts to the sound, I think DTS or Dolby were ok, the Meridian settings was poor, and in fact Stereo was probably the best sounding! Hopefully more to come from this as still think my Evoque sounds better!

Any other views on the Meridian surround system. I know most of you are listening to a totally different sound... but I like my music too :)

Oh and how do you turnoff the satnav voice, I tried turning her down while speaking, but next announcement came back at volume. Can't seem to find a setting to disable announcements. I like to have the map showing me where to go, but not getting the "in 100 yards" crap...
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.

scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:15 pm Oh and how do you turnoff the satnav voice, I tried turning her down while speaking, but next announcement came back at volume. Can't seem to find a setting to disable announcements. I like to have the map showing me where to go, but not getting the "in 100 yards" crap...
There's a Mute option on the main menu screen during navigation.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Thanks scm, I'll have a look for that on the front page, I went straight to settings.

Now if that rain would ever stop I could start enjoying it, at least i'm getting all the configuration done.
MY19 Carpathian Grey R-Dynamic P300, Black pack in and out, 12 way Memory seats, Climate Pack, Park assist, Meridian Surround, switchable exhaust.
NCC

Post by NCC »

Hi Phil. Another (ex)Evoque owner and member of the forums here. Moved on to a RRS now but genuinely enjoyed the two of them. Seeing your name pop up has reminded me I really ought to drag out the spare wheels and winter tyres to sell them ASAP!

I can’t add much more to the above as it looks like you’ve got some great answers already. I do think JLR have made their ‘infotainment’ systems way more difficult to use than they need to be. To be honest, I just plug my iPhone in now and let CarPlay do everything. Much more intuitive and generally better, especially the sat nav, as it’s always up to date via Apple or google maps. I seem to use very little data, so no worries there either.

Enjoy the F-Type. It looks lovely [emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2020 V6S RWD auto, Indus Silver, Pimento performance seats, Ebony suedecloth, Exterior carbon pack, Black 5039 alloys, Interior black pack, carbon console, heated steering wheel (vital!), climate pack, c/f dynamics, pointless ambient lighting!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi NCC, thanks for the kind words, i'm still selling some Evoque wheels and tyres too, not much interest,

Yes I'm slowly getting it sorted thanks to all on here, been travelling recently so its tucked away in the garage still!
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Interesting one tonight, Remote app says Service required, I know it doesn't as the dealer printed the service history out, No sign of the car saying that it needs it either...?
scm

Post by scm »

Interesting, I've never seen the app saying that, even when the car does. How many miles to next service does the car report?
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Hi scm, it doesn't, on the home screen it says "status: Service due soon". If I click on it, it just says arrange time for a service.
scm

Post by scm »

Philskill wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:20 pm Hi scm, it doesn't, on the home screen it says "status: Service due soon". If I click on it, it just says arrange time for a service.
You have to go into the Vehicle Info menu, without the engine running, one of the options is distance to next service (just before the oil level option).
Philskill

Post by Philskill »

Cheers scm, Got you, will have a look tonight.