New member - V6S MY2016 Soft Top

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Thundercat

Post by Thundercat »

Hi guys, Just received my MY2016 V6S and guess what - Yes - I'm loving it.

It's my first summer car, as I Have a Big 7 seater Mercedes Brabus for the kids.

Have a good spec with upgraded leather, sports seats and top meridian sound upgrades.

My wife was convinced the 911 Cab was the way to go, but I'm glad to went for the Cat instead. It's so theatrical and makes me smile every moment.

Covered about 800 Miles in the first 7 days and getting to know it quite well now. I have been scrolling thru many of the forum post and have found lots of useful information. So thank you to all who have contributed.

I do have four unanswered questions however, so I hope some of you can help.

1) I have mounted my GPS speed camera detector unit in the windscreen but cannot pick up any signal. I'm guessing the screen has a reflective coating of sort - is that right?

2) I love the acceleration, but with the roof down, the sound of the stereo disappears very quickly. I have the upgraded Meridian spec but cannot find a speed sensitive volume control (one that increases volume on increase of speed).

3) Denim rubbing against the seat bolster has already caused some wear. I have now treats the leather but wondered if that will be replaced as a warrantee item if it doesn't last 3 years.

4) Finally, I have the Incontrol apps and can remote start etc, but I did not get Incontrol Secure (Jag's Tracker version). Can this be added as a service?

Thanks in advance for any replies and comments.

Thundercat2016-07-28 14:23:39

Thundercat

Post by Thundercat »

Ps. The Stop start does not seem to keep the engine off of more than 45 seconds at the lights. Is this about right or do I need to check the charge of the auxiliary battery?
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Stop/start will restart the engine if there is a demand for power - usually the air conditioning at this time of the year.
Daflux

Post by Daflux »

Welcome to the forum, Thundercat, congratulations on your V6S! Hope you have many more thousands of happy miles!

I'm afraid I can't help too much with your questions but I have noticed that the stop/start doesn't keep the engine off for long! I swear sometimes you're lucky to see twenty seconds out at the lights! LOL
Daflux // 2014 'R' Coupe //
benji-m

Post by benji-m »

Welcome Thundercat and congrats on the new car.

Yeah the stop start is a real pain in the ass, and ashame that it can not be set to off on startup. I think the demand on the battery is too high for it to stay off for long, same happens with playing the stereo without the car running.

My seats are getting slightly worn and again am hoping that if it becomes too bad to get replaced under warranty, not holding my breath though. Just conditioning the leather periodically at the moment.

Can't help with the other questions sorry.

Enjoy the car
2015 Coupe V6S, Glacier White, Black Design Pack, 20" Gyrodyne's, Carbon Mirrors, Pan roof, Performance Seats, Switchable Exhaust + few custom additions.
Tel

Post by Tel »

Hi guys, Just received my MY2016 V6S and guess what - Yes - I'm loving it.

It's my first summer car, as I Have a Big 7 seater Mercedes Brabus for the kids.

Have a good spec with upgraded leather, sports seats and top meridian sound upgrades.

My wife was convinced the 911 Cab was the way to go, but I'm glad to went for the Cat instead. It's so theatrical and makes me smile every moment.

Covered about 800 Miles in the first 7 days and getting to know it quite well now. I have been scrolling thru many of the forum post and have found lots of useful information. So thank you to all who have contributed.

I do have four unanswered questions however, so I hope some of you can help.

1) I have mounted my GPS speed camera detector unit in the windscreen but cannot pick up any signal. I'm guessing the screen has a reflective coating of sort - is that right?

2) I love the acceleration, but with the roof down, the sound of the stereo disappears very quickly. I have the upgraded Meridian spec but cannot find a speed sensitive volume control (one that increases volume on increase of speed).

3) Denim rubbing against the seat bolster has already caused some wear. I have now treats the leather but wondered if that will be replaced as a warrantee item if it doesn't last 3 years.

4) Finally, I have the Incontrol apps and can remote start etc, but I did not get Incontrol Secure (Jag's Tracker version). Can this be added as a service?

Thanks in advance for any replies and comments.

Welcome to the FTOC Jazz!

You made the right choice IMO. We looked at many other brands prior to ending up with the F; Aston V8 Vantage, Merc SL63, BMW M3 V8, 911 C4 and 2S etc, but the FT felt like a proper sports car!

OK here goes:

1) Wonder if you have the heated windscreen option? This has a very fine metallic filament running within the laminate of the screen. It is perfect RF shield and therefore won't let any radio signals through, especially weak ones form satellites. The only other option that will affect reception is the UV filtered glass, but I only think this is an option on 2017 models.

2) There is no auto volume increase with speed option. Manual-matic or just turn it off and listen to the lovely exhaust music instead Wink

3) The RH drivers seat bolster wears very quickly from abrasion from 'squeezing' in and out. Several people have managed to negotiate replacements under warranty as they shouldn't wear that quickly. The 'leather' is pretty fragile on the newer cars compared to hide of 20 years ago. Even if you feed the new stuff, it won't make any difference unfortunately. If you have sports seats, you can eliminate it a little by deflating the lumber supports, but that's a PITA every time you you need to enter/exit the car.

4) I don't think you can add IC Secure, unless you are running the latest 2017 hardware installation, i.e you have the SD card based sat nag, in which case I think that it can be added.

hope that helps a bit, and don;t forget to search the forums as you have been doing so....many have been through some of the issues that you may/may not experience.

2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
Alasdair 63

Post by Alasdair 63 »

Welcome to the forum jazz
I have the heated windscreen option and my road Angel works fine.
White v6s coupe vap tune pulley upgrade 200 cell cats vap exhaust black pack.
Thundercat

Post by Thundercat »

Thanks Everyone - Appreciate you taking the time to help me understand more.

I didn't get the heated screen, as I always focus on the screen elements and find this can be very distracting. Not my cup of tea.
It must be UV filters. I've noticed a nice black tab behind the rear view mirror (on the glass itself), so will get an external GPS antenna which should solve things.

Hope to see you on the Road, will give you beep and flash if I see (or Hear!) any of you driving about.Wink

Thundercat2016-07-29 14:03:02
GrahamMackie

Post by GrahamMackie »

Welcome to the forum jazz
I have the heated windscreen option and my road Angel works fine.

As one time CEO of Road Angel (many years ago) I can confirm that a Road Angel will normally work OK with a heated screen. It is the athermic/UV treated screens often found in top end Mercedes and Lexus that cause the issue with GPS signals. There is usually a patch of clear glass that will take a small antenna.
V6S convertible in black, with performance pack, Meridian, visibility pack, parking pack, red seat belts etc etc
Mobysan

Post by Mobysan »

Welcome to the forum!

Had the same problem with the bolsters. As I use the car daily the wear quickly became a serious concern - the hide was slowly getting punctured. Took me some time to realise the issue was being caused by leaving the bolsters in a permanently closed/semi snug position. The dealership advised it wouldn't be covered under warranty, but recommended a local guy to repair it. The guy did a brilliant job in about 15 mins and charged me £50. That was 3 months ago and I still can't see where he did the repairs. Needless to say bolsters are now set permanently open. I'd definitely get it attended to quickly - the hide deteriorates pretty rapidly if not dealt with.
Mobysan - F-Type R AWD Storm Grey/Black Pack

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post