E-Type owner welcoming the F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
TheOpenRoad

Post by TheOpenRoad »

I am a long term Jaguar fan, now on my third E-Type. I never thought the XJS was a worthy successor to the E-Type and it has never been regarded as a classic in the same vein.

The XK8/XK was a bit closer to the idea but why did they build it as a 2+2 with no room behind the front seats? The only people that could sit in the back were legless dwarfs.

So now Jaguar have a proper 2 seater sports car again, with a choice of engines. It is worth noting at this point that the 3.0 litre V6 has more power than my 4.2 litre SII E-Type and the 5.0 litre is about double the power.

There is one other thing I am specifically interested in at the moment - I am involved in organising the Stratford Festival Of Motoring in Stratford upon Avon on Sunday 5th and Monday 6th May. We already have a D-Type Replica committed, an E-Type and I am trying to get either a genuine or replica C-Type. All I need now to make the full set is an F-Type. This would be a brilliant opportunity for Jaguar to display the F-Type (showing its evolution) to a large audience in excellent surroundings.

Can anyone help?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post