Loving my (nearly new) F Type Manual

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Paul Erricker

Post by Paul Erricker »

Hi everyone
Just joined the forum after taking ownership this week of my F Type S Coupe. I went for the manual after several test drives and really felt more connected to the car. Not sure I'd ever want to be stuck on the M25 clutching in and out though, but that's not what I bought the car for!
I never thought a car could make me feel so good. Been having some amazing evening drives (trying not to annoy too many people with that amazing exhaust sound!)
Really interested in meeting up with "like minded people" especially if anyone is interested in some road trips, such as driving into Europe. I keep seeing You Tube clips of friends gathering for alpine pass driving. Looks amazing!
I've decided to take advanced 1-2-1 lessons over at Millbrook track (Total Car Control) to get the best of of me and my machine. Can't wait for a full day going around Millbrook!
I'm based in south Suffolk.
Take care everyone!
Paul

IMG_0526.JPG

F Type S Coupe, Manual, Ammonite Grey, Pano Roof, 19" Alloys. Crap Stereo :cry:

TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Lovely looking car.

There is something about the F Type that it looks great in any colour but the darker metallics give the car a different perspective.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Have to agree with TopCat. Lovely colour.
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Paul,

Great to hear about your new car. Next Saturday is the August Jaguar Breakfast Club meeting. It's at Gayden on the M40.

Not been before, as I'm a newish owner, but good to meet up with lots of fellow Jaguar nuts.

Enjoy your car & hope to meet you soon đź‘Ť
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Sorry, not next Saturday, It's the 5th August!
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Wow Paul, that is one lovely looking car - great photo. Makes me wish mine was coming sooner....
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Very nice!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
Malbec

Post by Malbec »

Looks great but I think it's Ammonite not Storm grey.
17MY V6S AWD Coupé Ammonite grey.
UAD wireless CarPlay.
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

Yes I agree, I also think it's Ammonite but tend to view that as a slightly darker metallic compared with the whites, reds and blues etc., particularly when in partial shade.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Totally agree with everyone regarding colour. Looks sooo good....and.... No black pack in sight....Perfeck! :)

Having had my 'auto' for two years now, i'm very intrigued to find out just how more 'connected' the manual version feels.

I like my car for the way it does traffic and also the long distance motorway drives (coupled with the cruise control), but I could imagine that a manual box is likely to be quite a bit more rewarding to drive for every other kind of driving.....the more spirited stuff.

But, for a truly rewarding drive you need a nice slick yet snappy action. How are you finding the action through the gears, Paul?
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post