New Owner.. Be nice

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Denno

Post by Denno »

mbes2 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:57 pm
Denno wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 pm Hey mbes2, you didn't keep your Exige too long did you! I'm in a similar position, have had a modded tubby for over ten years now, been looking at Exiges but to be fair the VX owners that have swopped to the Exige v6 haven't exactly raved about them. The F-type seems a good option for something a bit more grown up, have test drove a brand new 380 bhp v6s a couple of months ago, although a v8 would be my choice if I made the swop. How do you find the 380s performance compared to your vx/ Exige? Do you miss the raw, light track focused feel of the fibre glass toys?
Its funny, as I started off thinking like this, wanting a v8 but its over kill for road use, where the 380 is a perfect middle ground, even the 335 I test drove felt quick.

I know the 380 + weight of the jag makes it slower than the exige but the whole experience driving it is 100 times better for me. The exige was a lot slower than my VX (350bhp+925kg) but I used that as a track car, where the exige needed money spent on it to make it a better track focused toy, which I was unwilling to do again.

I love everything about the F-Type, ticks all my boxes now for what I need from it, with hopefully many happy years ahead.
Sounds like you have met your match then :)
I enquired about an lovely orange v8 convertible yesterday, very good price at £42500, not surprisingly had already sold, think it was only on autotrader a couple of days.

mbes2

Post by mbes2 »

Denno wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 am
mbes2 wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:57 pm
Denno wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:58 pm Hey mbes2, you didn't keep your Exige too long did you! I'm in a similar position, have had a modded tubby for over ten years now, been looking at Exiges but to be fair the VX owners that have swopped to the Exige v6 haven't exactly raved about them. The F-type seems a good option for something a bit more grown up, have test drove a brand new 380 bhp v6s a couple of months ago, although a v8 would be my choice if I made the swop. How do you find the 380s performance compared to your vx/ Exige? Do you miss the raw, light track focused feel of the fibre glass toys?
Its funny, as I started off thinking like this, wanting a v8 but its over kill for road use, where the 380 is a perfect middle ground, even the 335 I test drove felt quick.

I know the 380 + weight of the jag makes it slower than the exige but the whole experience driving it is 100 times better for me. The exige was a lot slower than my VX (350bhp+925kg) but I used that as a track car, where the exige needed money spent on it to make it a better track focused toy, which I was unwilling to do again.

I love everything about the F-Type, ticks all my boxes now for what I need from it, with hopefully many happy years ahead.
Sounds like you have met your match then :)
I enquired about an lovely orange v8 convertible yesterday, very good price at £42500, not surprisingly had already sold, think it was only on autotrader a couple of days.
Have you test driven the 380 yet ?
v6s 380 Salsa Red Convertible, Performance seats , black leather re stitching, 20" Cyclone Gloss Black running 305/30, Meridian 380w, Black bonnet/side vents/mirrors & windscreen surround. Just all round sexy looking :D
Nick

Post by Nick »

What are you guys doing here, go away thought When I got rid of the vx I got rid of you lot😁

Truthfully Welcome lovely car you will enjoy it.
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Denno

Post by Denno »

You can't get rid of us that easy :)

Yes mbes2 I test drove a 380s, don't get me wrong it felt quick, even with the weight it carries, just not blistering like a modded tubby feels. That's why I think I'd always want the v8. The dealer phoned me today about the orange one I missed out on, said he had several interested in it.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Denno wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm The dealer phoned me today about the orange one I missed out on, said he had several interested in it.
Was that to make you feel better? Seems an odd reason to keep in touch. :?
Denno

Post by Denno »

Aitch wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm
Denno wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm The dealer phoned me today about the orange one I missed out on, said he had several interested in it.
Was that to make you feel better? Seems an odd reason to keep in touch. :?
No it's because I enquired via email out of hours last night, then checked bit later on the their actual website and it said deposit taken. He did say he had a white and possibly red one due in and he'd keep my details. However I think the orange one would have been a rare impulse buy as I think they look stunning in that colour and like I say it was a very good price.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Quite agree. The orange colour does stand out as does the dark red metallic imo.
robt

Post by robt »

I went from a 996 911 to a boxster then a exige v6 loved the lotus but poor dealer service and the amount of electrical niggles was to much to bare so it was back to a boxster S much as I wanted to love the porsche they just don't hold my attention so was looking to buy a 997 then I started to look at the f type so took the plunge last week and bought a v6 s rag top in many ways it's character reminds me of the lotus and definatly more soul and character than the boxster will I regret not going for the 997 time will tell
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

When I told friend I was looking for another car he said he was thinking of selling his tuned 997 turbo but wasn't sure. A few days after I bought the F type I received a text from him asking if I was still interested. Now, a couple of months into ownership I'm rather glad he was too late.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post