New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Hi,
Just joined as a member as I'm looking at buying an F-Type in the near future. Had the chance today to test drive the new 2.0L F-Type to see whether it's suitable for my driving style (I'm definitely not a boy racer!). Enjoyed the drive, very smooth and given the crowded roads of Berkshire where I live, the engine has more than enough power for my needs.

Hopefully looking to make a purchase soon!

Regards
Jason
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.

JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Welcome, the F Type is a stunning option.
Good info, support and feedback on this forum.
Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Jason B wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:16 am Hi,
Just joined as a member as I'm looking at buying an F-Type in the near future. Had the chance today to test drive the new 2.0L F-Type to see whether it's suitable for my driving style (I'm definitely not a boy racer!). Enjoyed the drive, very smooth and given the crowded roads of Berkshire where I live, the engine has more than enough power for my needs.

Hopefully looking to make a purchase soon!

Regards
Jason
Hello and welcome to this friendly forum .. any advice on puddle lights I am your man :lol:
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Welcome Jason - hopefully we can be of some help; there is a lot to be said for having more useable power and I'll be interested to see what you get.

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
steveh

Post by steveh »

Welcome to the forum Jason, have driven the EX with the 250 vertion of that engine. Certainly enough power, should be a very well balanced car.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Thanks to all of you for your welcome, with a bit of negotiation next week, I will hopefully be on the way to getting an order placed soon!
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

good luck .. keep us updated
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog »

Hi Jason,

I too started off looking at the 2 litre.

I know a lot of people don't think that a car like the F-Type should have anything less than a six cylinder engine but the 4 cylinder made a lot of sense to me in terms of fuel economy, emissions, insurance etc.etc. as I was looking at one to be my daily car (plus he performance figures are pretty good).

However, I got a much better deal on a 340 V6 so if you've got some negotiating to do, it might be worth looking at the 3l with your dealer?

Best of luck whatever you decide!
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Hi Bulldog,
Decided to stick with the 2 litre as it will be my daily car and makes most sense for my driving style and the crowded roads where I live. Local dealer matched the best offers on carwow, so have placed my order and really looking forward to delivery around mid-November.
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Whoop! Congratulations, be interested to see it at a meet sometime, not heard the 2ltr yet. Im sure youll love it, ive yet to meet an ftype i dont like :) jess

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post