Maserati to Jaguar

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Stevec63

Post by Stevec63 »

Hello all,

So I picked up my BDE in Blue just over a week ago. Traded in my Maserati Granturismo S for it. More than happy with things so far. My second stint at being a Jaguar owner after having an F Pace S for six months.
I mistakenly thought the glances and comments would lessen having the F-Type instead of the Maserati. Perhaps the eye catching vivid blue colour helps with that not being the case.

Anyway, looking forward to a good few years with the F-Type.

Nick

Post by Nick »

Welcome to the club, how do you feel about the change in car, never had any dealings with Maserati, just wondering.

I always get lovely comments about the car and I went for a bland colour of silver to less conspicuous, wrong, I do think the blue is a lovely colour though, next time..
MY15 Coupe V8R Carbon Ceramic Brakes, 20" Anthracite Wheels Panoramic Roof, Meridian 770
Stevec63

Post by Stevec63 »

Hi NickB787,

Thank you. Glad to be here.

I loved having the Maserati GTS. It was a car I had lusted over since they were introduced. And being a full 4 seater, it suited what I needed too. Gorgeous looks, even more gorgeous sound from the 4.7V8 (especially with the Sport button engaged). However, my local dealer gave up the franchise so the next nearest was either Edinburgh or Leeds. That meant logistics for having anything done at the dealer became complex if, like last time for me, the engine check light is on the dash. Servicing and parts are expensive with Maserati. That's just Ferrari/Maserati wanting their extra pound of flesh I think, because they can.

So we made the decision to trade the GTS in for a newer car. And not needing 4 seats anymore helped the road to F-Type. I have to say the ride in the F-Type is a little harder than in the GTS. With 'Sport' mode disengaged the GTS really was a very comfortable place to sit. But once I had test driven an F-Type the 'oldness' as it were of the GTS really showed. I went for dark exterior/light interior on the GTS. So this time around I wanted a bright exterior. And you are right, the blue is lovely. It definitely gets you noticed.
Frp1

Post by Frp1 »

Welcome,

I have had my BDE in blue for just over 13 months now. I have loved every minute of it and not had a single bad comment. :)

Hope to see you at a meet soon.
Guess your in the north?
ben Addison

BDE Ultra Blue
Stevec63

Post by Stevec63 »

Hi Ben,
Yes I'm pretty much the farthest north you can go without getting a free place at a university. I'm in north Northumberland. You?
Lucky 7

Post by Lucky 7 »

just seen this thread.. welcome Steve!

caught my eye because i tried the GT and the F-Type - it was handy because Redline in Harrogate had 1 of each in stock at the same time so had them side by side to compare.
I was smitten with them both but in the end it was the reality of the running costs of the GT longer term and i kind of got the feeling the jag was more of a sports car while the GT was a luxurious beast!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post