New To the World of F Types

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Tel

Post by Tel »

I can certainly second the comments above regarding Matford Jaguar in Exeter.

We visited Tonbridge, Poole and Taunton. All poor in comparison in every respect; Service, tech know-how, approach, customer service compared to Matford Jaguar in Exeter.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more đź’©

steveh

Post by steveh »

Would recommend Pentland Jaguar in Perth, bought our F Type from them and have just ordered an XE. When we ordered the F Type we wanted to see the coupe in IRR but Perth didn't have one so we went to Pentland in Edinburgh, told them that we have ordered one from Perth and wanted to see some in different colours and they were very helpful.
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

+1 for Jaguar Exeter, they do have really a good customer approach.
We are now nearer to Poole so it will be interesting to see how Westover compare as mine is going in for some warranty work next week.
Do we have a dealer name (praise and shame) section on here?
Could be a good topic for prospective owners so they don't get put off before they even sit in an F Type.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hmmm! Just seen Tel's post about Poole, now worried.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
Leo's Big Nipple

Post by Leo's Big Nipple »

I first test drove a 400 Sport at Nottingham dealer - was a Sunday morning and although I wasn't looking to have a drive the salesman insisted, so off we went.
Decent chap and no hard sell.

Fast forward a few weeks and I'd sold my Lotus, so went back to the dealer to look at a V8 they had in - the decent salesman was off ill so I dealt with another chap - couldn't have had a more smarmy salesman!
Didn't seem to believe I could by the car...

Anyway, decided to try H A Fox in Derby - drove there, had a chat with a nice guy about a 400 (they were really pushing a demo they had to sell) told him to find me another at a better price / mileage, or even a V8.
Went back the next day with wife and son so they could have a look.

This was back in June, and I'm still waiting for him to get back to me with his 'fantastic deal that I won't say no to...'

So off I went to Crewe, and bought a lightly used V8 - not a bad experience but not great.
These Jag dealers could learn so much from the Suzuki dealer we bought a new Vitara from back in March - by far the best car buying experience in many years..
IRR V8R,
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

You may get resistance to providing a handover on aSaturday ... It's considered the main 'selling' day ... If your supplying dealer opens on a Sunday that may be easier depending how many of the sales team are present ....
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
robt

Post by robt »

Ah I've had and still have range rovers as my daily and in recent years porsche as my 2nd car , so I've been looking at F types and decided I would take the plunge and swap the porsche now even taking into account jlr now share showrooms there is a world of difference between the two the product knowledge of the jag sales is crap in fact useless , just hoping the car lives up to my expectation had it two weeks now and the jury is still out
Chrispduck

Post by Chrispduck »

robt wrote: ↑Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:40 am Ah I've had and still have range rovers as my daily and in recent years porsche as my 2nd car , so I've been looking at F types and decided I would take the plunge and swap the porsche now even taking into account jlr now share showrooms there is a world of difference between the two the product knowledge of the jag sales is crap in fact useless , just hoping the car lives up to my expectation had it two weeks now and the jury is still out
We also have owned Porsche previously.

What model have you moved form and it seems like you may have initial reservations ?
robt

Post by robt »

Previous 996 c4 , boxster S 987 boxster S 981 , boxsters as well as we all know are very sure footed whereas I do find the ftype how can I say a bit rear end playful maybe that's just me yes I know rear wheel drive big lump up front and it does give it character early days and I think it will grow on me would appreciate what others think coming from porsche to jag

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post