How long to have a F Type built

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
SammyV6S

Post by SammyV6S »

4 months was right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MY2016 Coupe V6S in Italian Racing Red + Black pack, Black 20" Cyclones, black badges all round. VelocityAP valved Exhaust, black tips. Pano Roof, Sports seats, Cold Climate & Parking packs. InControl nav, Blackvue front + Rear dashcams.

IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

SammyV6S wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:03 am 4 months was right for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Ordered mine on the 21st of May, and mine was ready to be picked up on Monday (21st) last week. So pretty much three months - however I've chosen to wait until Friday to get the new plate.. Can't wait for Friday!!!

Oh and the F-Type is built at Castle Bromwich, not Browns Lane :) I went to go and see my car get built, but it's one of the perks of working for JLR product development ;)
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Thanks for the info on Castle Bromwich .....I bet you cant wait Friday ....I am getting on my wifes nerves after only a month I will be climbing up the wall by the time it comes......
Yousif

Post by Yousif »

I squeezed my order in on Christmas Eve 2015, was told around 3 months delivery but took 10 weeks. Was also told Jaguar are conservative on their delivery times in case the car has to go back from quality control for corrections. In a masochistic sort of way you might hope it takes longer and you get a car without faults?
F Type 3.0V6 auto, Caldera Red, 20" Turbines, parking, visibility packs, heated steering, seats, keyless entry, folding mirrors, red seat belts.
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Chrissyg wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 pm Ordered mine on the 21st of May, and mine was ready to be picked up on Monday (21st) last week. So pretty much three months - however I've chosen to wait until Friday to get the new plate.. Can't wait for Friday!!!

Oh and the F-Type is built at Castle Bromwich, not Browns Lane :) I went to go and see my car get built, but it's one of the perks of working for JLR product development ;)
Well you are on the eve of picking up your car, I am so green with envy,

Have a great dat tomorrow,

kind regards

Ian
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

Thanks Ian! I'll try not to post up too many pictures. Had a teaser video of the car sent to me by the dealer this afternoon, all polished and ready in the handover bay! Can't wait! Fingers crossed yours gets through the system quickly!
200tdi Defender 90
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Chrissyg wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:20 pm Thanks Ian! I'll try not to post up too many pictures. Had a teaser video of the car sent to me by the dealer this afternoon, all polished and ready in the handover bay! Can't wait! Fingers crossed yours gets through the system quickly!
Hi Chris

You don't seem to have been on line on this site today,I can't think what can be keeping you busy lol ......have fun.

Ian
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

I did a mammoth 12 miles in her yesterday! But spent a lot of time fiddling with the in control, and generally taking the car in. I'm loving being able to see into the engine back through the bonnet louvres, to see the word "Supercharged". The little details! It's a pretty basic spec in terms of options, but I didn't really need anything else, so here she is. Sorry for the poor second and third pictures, sun was coming through and couldn't do anything about it.

image3.JPG

image2 (1).JPG

image1 (1).JPG

image5.JPG

image4.JPG

200tdi Defender 90
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Hi all

I have been given a date for my new F Type 27 th October and also told it might be a little bit sooner.

Only 47 Days to wait.....

1128 hours.....

67,680 minutes.....

4,060,300 seconds.....

but I am not wishing the time away............MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The spec..
5.0 Coupe V8 R AWD
FUJI White
Panoramic Roof
Ivory/Black seats
20" split alloy wheels 6003
rear camera

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post