How long to have a F Type built

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Great, just got back from dropping mine off at Westover Poole for a new diff๐Ÿ˜ž
Both Terry and I should be going to the Poole JEC meeting a week Wednesday if you're interested.
Rob
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel

cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

You shouldn't complain about delivery times.
I've just come back from Lisbon and my client and friend waited 4 months for his F Pace.. He could have had any German SUV in a few weeks
it's gorgeous though and a ride through the city is special in such a unique marque and model
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

Ordered 15th July, was told late October, collected 30th September.

It's worth the wait but it is painful! I watched every single YouTube video on the F-type and spent every day on here until it arrived!
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

dezzy wrote: โ†‘Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:56 am Ordered 15th July, was told late October, collected 30th September.

It's worth the wait but it is painful! I watched every single YouTube video on the F-type and spent every day on here until it arrived!
Yes I am going through the same now>>>>
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

JurassicF wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:37 pm Great, just got back from dropping mine off at Westover Poole for a new diff๐Ÿ˜ž
Both Terry and I should be going to the Poole JEC meeting a week Wednesday if you're interested.
Rob
Sorry to ask but what is a JEC meeting and where is it being held in Poole Jaguar ??? ????
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Hi Ian,
It is the local Jaguar Enthusiasts Club.
They meet monthly in Poole.
Will be my first visit also.
I will get the address for you.
Rob
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

Ian, the meeting is held at Broadstone Golf Club.
Rob
Red soft top
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

JurassicF wrote: โ†‘Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:05 pm Hi Ian,
It is the local Jaguar Enthusiasts Club.
They meet monthly in Poole.
Will be my first visit also.
I will get the address for you.
Rob
Thanks that would be great
Tel

Post by Tel »

;) Not another one in Dorset! ;)

We had our built to our spec form scratch. It takes anywhere between 6-12 weeks to have one built from scratch. Most probably the longest wait ever, but worth it to get the spec you want IMO.
It's dependent on demand i.e when they can squeeze one in to be built or be tagged onto a batch and what the current demand for other models is.

I was hounding them every other day to see what the progress was, and watched every video on YouTube, read every review of the F-Type you name it....well worth the wait though.

I guess we will have to have a Dorset 'Eyeball'!
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more ๐Ÿ’ฉ
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

IanLloyd wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:48 pm
bigknd wrote: โ†‘Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:37 pm My F-type svr was ordered in April with an expected delivery date of the end of July but arrived a whole Month early at the end of June, dealer did say that Jaguar like to be conservative on their build times so hopefully all those with one on order will not be waiting too long ;)
Thanks for your reply and help to build by hopes up, I am like a kid waiting for Christmas... The SVR must be sooo quick , I went a bit cheap and only ordered the 5 R, should be alright though .....LOL it must be hard to wipe the smile off your face :lol:

Well iam a bit like Diana Ross ... I`am still waiting
Yes it's a beast but then so is the "R". I do think though that all F-types look, sound and drive well ;)

Hopefully your wait is not too long, I had to wait nearly 12 Months for my Focus RS last year :o

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post