How long to have a F Type built

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

Chrissyg, don't apologise for "pretty basic" spec, to me it looks a lot purer without all the add ons that seem to be popular. And you can't beat red for a sports car (I'm biased).
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.

Pritchard

Post by Pritchard »

i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this - but if youve ordered a NEW jag, have you not been invited to see it being built at castle brom??!

speak to your dealer. you should be able to see your actually car on the line.

The build process works 'generally' like this:
there are alluminium pressed components imported / purchased from a 3rd party.
main chasis is assembled
then the car is assigned to an owner (every car is bespoke. if there is no owner, it going go past this stage)
cars are then built with all specs of owners, from interior selections, paint, engine, etc.
^^this last stage takes only a couple of weeks per car. (i know because ive been to castle brom and had the tour).

also on that note, bit of trivia, the naked chasis (before bosy panels) weighs about 300kg! thats pretty light. thats over 1200kg of wheels, engine, seats and plastic added to the car.
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

Pritchard wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:09 am i dont know if anyone else has mentioned this - but if youve ordered a NEW jag, have you not been invited to see it being built at castle brom??!

speak to your dealer. you should be able to see your actually car on the line.

The build process works 'generally' like this:
there are alluminium pressed components imported / purchased from a 3rd party.
main chasis is assembled
then the car is assigned to an owner (every car is bespoke. if there is no owner, it going go past this stage)
cars are then built with all specs of owners, from interior selections, paint, engine, etc.
^^this last stage takes only a couple of weeks per car. (i know because ive been to castle brom and had the tour).

also on that note, bit of trivia, the naked chasis (before bosy panels) weighs about 300kg! thats pretty light. thats over 1200kg of wheels, engine, seats and plastic added to the car.
Thanks for the info on the tour of castle brom...I have raised the question three times now with my Jaguar dealer,he has yet to come back with anything, I will give him another week before I have a go again....I will let you know how I get on,
Ian
Pritchard

Post by Pritchard »

get them on the case now.
they should be able to speak directly to the factory to find out when your car is due on the assembly line. then book the tour accordingly.
IanLloyd

Post by IanLloyd »

IanLloyd wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:53 pm
OB123 wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:08 pm Hi Ian - welcome from me too.

I've got a Ftype r awd on order too - I'm told its going to built on the 29th Sept - so I guess it will be a few days after that - it was ordered on the 24th July - I agree - the waiting is killing too. I asked the dealer to keep in touch - even if there was nothing to report - they are now sending me emails every week saying ''quick update - no news'' I think i might burst with excitement .......
Well like I have said to someone else on here I`am a bit like Diana Ross ......I`am still waiting ........I hope the rush for the new plate does`nt hold things up for us :P
Have you any news on your car yet as of previous posts I have a date of the 27 October and it was ordered the 8th of August so I can use your delivery as a yardstick for mine, I hope you have already got a definate early date :roll: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post