Saying Hello

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
sparkyfletch

Post by sparkyfletch »

I apologise for not posting earlier, my car arrived 31.04.17 (to beat the new road tax) and I've lurcked on your site for a few months . I've had a summer of fun in my new silver 400 Sport. Not my first choice of colour but I couldn't wait for a factory build so took delivery of a car held as stock at Castle Bromwich.
I have come via a Tesla Model S the most unreliable car I've owned since the 80's, but after the 0-60 time of 4 seconds the F Type is comparable for acceleration, no the Jag is better it is more linear. A paradox as I have gone from the quietist car to one of the noisiest, a car that drives itself to one that can be a slight handful to drive, but a proper car. A previous Jaguar owner that is so pleased to be back.

davidd

Post by davidd »

Interesting points on the tesla.... Chalk and cheese indeed ;)
Megatron

Post by Megatron »

Welcome David - I've not heard much owner experiences of Tesla - what sort of issue did you have and what was it like to live with?

Rhodium Silver V8R AWD
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello sparkyfletch

welcome back ... :)
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Welcome sparkyfletch.

Interesting intro....I have heard stories about Tesla batteries failing prematurely and that there have been many replaced under warranty.

Makes me very nervous about buying into electric cars generally. Maybe the financial risks would be easier to live with if the batteries were leased rather than owned and paid for outright. What's your view on all of this stuff?
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
sparkyfletch

Post by sparkyfletch »

I don't know about other manufacturers but Tesla provide an 8 year warranty on the battery and drive train. In my 7 months and 6K miles I didn't experience any deterioration in range. The issue with Tesla is they are not an automotive manufacturer so the product is far from reliable or well built. Maybe in 10 years they might have the build quality improved, but they sell to the converted so don't try hard. A lot of Tesla owners are like the bloody Moonies they worship everything Elon Musk tweets and accept a shoddy product because the see themselves as 'early adopters'. The Jaguar I Pace will change the market IMHO.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

sparkyfletch wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 6:15 pm I don't know about other manufacturers but Tesla provide an 8 year warranty on the battery and drive train. In my 7 months and 6K miles I didn't experience any deterioration in range. The issue with Tesla is they are not an automotive manufacturer so the product is far from reliable or well built. Maybe in 10 years they might have the build quality improved, but they sell to the converted so don't try hard. A lot of Tesla owners are like the bloody Moonies they worship everything Elon Musk tweets and accept a shoddy product because the see themselves as 'early adopters'. The Jaguar I Pace will change the market IMHO.
Yes .. agree.. lets hope so