In car apps

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Saint123

Post by Saint123 »

I have an iPhone 6 and have continual problems with the incarcontrol system locking up, not working, I also find it an awful system to use when driving, is it possible to delete the apps and use the phone without them?

Tel

Post by Tel »

I also have an iPhone 6 (Latest IOS) and have no problems with in car apps. Might be worth having a word with your dealer to see if the head unit needs to be updated/checked out.
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more đź’©
davidd

Post by davidd »

I've had some issues since ios11 came along. Mainly with JustDrive. They are aware and are apparently looking into it.

When you say use the phone without them, I think you can just connect via Bluetooth and use it as a phone/Spotify etc.
dezzy

Post by dezzy »

I don't have an iPhone so can't comment on your specific issue but I just use Bluetooth with my Android phone for Spotify and it works perfectly. I tried In Control apps once and just don't get it... Having to plug the phone in seems a bit backwards these days and the apps were rubbish.

Might consider it if it worked over Bluetooth and included Google maps. I tend to use Google maps on my phone rather than the built in Sat Nav as Google is light years ahead.
V6 coupe, Ultimate Black, 19" propellor wheels, suede cloth performance seats, interior black pack, suede cloth headlining, flat bottom steering wheel, heated seats, power tailgate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post