SimpleR 400 Sport - My Car Topic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Hi All,

New member here, I pick up my F400 Sport at the weekend. This is my first Jaguar. Just thought I would say "hi" after registering and reading a few posts. The breakfast club looks like an interesting meet for a newbie. Obviously a few opening questions - if these have been answered elsewhere then I apologise.

When collect my F-type is there anything to specifically to look out for? Anyone had any "I wish i had asked about" or "I wish I had checked" moments after collection?

I reckon I will purchase a service plan on collection. I have been told a 3yr service plan is £995. Anyone else done this? I presume it works out cheaper than paying for 3 services as and when they are needed. (I do around 12k-15k PA).

I presume it comes with 3yr breakdown cover?

I have NOT spec'ed a spare wheel. Is this a mistake!!?? I was told the rear 20" wheels do not fit in the boot. This seems slightly odd but is this true? Can a spare wheel kit be added at a later point? Anyone had to use the dreaded "gunk" to quick repair a wheel AND it actually work?

Anything else to be aware of?

Cheers :D
Last edited by simpleR on Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi and welcome ..

A regular newbie question is how to check the oil level .. I'm sure the dealer will show you but if not its one for the list ...

Reg the tyre gunk .. yes I've used it on another vehicle and yes, it works but be mindful that it will usually result in the tyre shop recommending a replacement rather than a repair ...

Hopefully see you if you pick up early enough at the weekend
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Welcome SimpleR,

I think the 3 year service plan is worth having. Especially based on the level of annual mileage that you expect to do.....but be careful....I opted for the 3 year service plan with my nearly new F-Type back in 2015 and only discovered this summer that I had actually been sold a dealer service plan (HA Fox (now Stratsone)). This plan is financed by the same company that handles the official Jaguar plan but for some reason is actually the dealers own account. The thing to check for is really the key point I have a gripe about..That is that my service plan restricts me to using the dealer I purchased the car from, but the official Jaguar service plan allows you to be able to use any official Jaguar service centre. That's important because if you don't get on with one dealer you can go to another of your preference. Not so with my package.
That said, I still think the service plan is worth having.

Hope you can make it to the breakfast meet next Saturday.
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Thanks Jagster, I will check this with the supplying dealer.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

warm welcome to the forum from me :)
OB123

Post by OB123 »

Hi - welcome from me too
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
OB123

Post by OB123 »

ps - please upload some photos when you can - we like photos
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Check the panel alignment of the doors, particularly the bottom edges to the sills, not an uncommon fault (i.e. the bottom of the door will stick out over the sill by 5mm+).

I think if you order the spare wheel ,you might get this in place of the gunk kit, rather than in addition to it and the wheel gets bolted in the middle of the boot. You also need to but a scissor jack and wheelbrace in addition to the spare wheel. A previous thread on this is here viewtopic.php?t=1595
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello simpleR,

Welcome to this friendly & knowledgable forum!

If your purchase is new, my tip may not apply, but spend quite a bit of time looking at every inch of the car. Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels, interior including areas that may have been caught by a heel/shoe entering of leaving the vehicle.

Sounds daft but after a month of ownership I came across a number of very minor nicks that I were probably already present.

Hope to see you at a Jaguar Breakfast Club meet. One this Saturday if you fancy getting some miles in 😄
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

I think both the three year and five year service plans are good value.

When you collect the car you will probably be offered the opportunity to take out insurance – separately - for wheel damage, tyre damage and paintwork – I cannot remember if there were others.

It is worth considering if these are of interest in advance.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post