SimpleR 400 Sport - My Car Topic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

simpleR wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 pm Some pics as promised. Very impressed with the car. Excuse the poor quality pictures but the weather hasn't been great this week so far!

Hopefully try and get along to the next breakfast club.

IMG-b7925a180d237f46c53d5d65074f1c9a-V.jpg
3yrs old this weekend. Purchased the Jaguar extended warranty with full assistant. Extended the remote premium and even brought 3yrs worth of maps. MOT and service now overdue but booked in for 14th July.

Still shiny. Need some new tyres next and then hopefully a meet and trip to caffeine and machine later in the year if things continue to improve with COVID-19.

IMG_20200531_174047.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

Tootalltodrive

Post by Tootalltodrive »

I guess I could be the member that never became: Anyone got any ideas how to become a member there must be other people with a similar issue
Last edited by PhilB on Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removing test drive video which isn't relevant to OP's topic
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Tootalltodrive wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:37 pm I guess I could be the member that never became: Anyone got any ideas how to become a member there must be other people with a similar issue
What is that supposed to mean regarding this thread?
This is just another instance of you hijacking a member's topic to post your test drive videos for your vlog.
I advised you previously in a pm about posting your vids (same vid 3 times) randomly across the forums which you have ignored.
Final warning.
You are welcome to contribute by starting your own topic and posting your vids..............no problem with that.
Any more hijacking of other member's threads and posting irrelevant content will see you banned.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Update on my topic and ownership @ 3yrs and 20,500 miles.

Car went in yesterday for 3rd service (minor + transfer oil + brake fluid change on mine but asked them to look at rear diff oil quality and quantity and change that if needed as well) and 1st MOT! - All on a plan so only £40 MOT to pay for anyway.

All good and passed MOT with no issues/advisories as I expected (and of course hoped!)

The car is 2 months out of warranty but as that is because of COVID-19 and Jaguar agreed to extend warranty by 2 months / 2,000 miles - I logged a few things with them, loose bit of trim, SOTA updates not working, rattling exhaust etc.

Thoroughly investigated by dealer and without questioning they have said the right exhaust valve is seized closed (although I think they mean open) so are going to replace the entire back box and everything else is being sorted out which is good news. Got an E-pace R-Dynamic. It has 9 gears. I thought 8 was enough! Looking forward to getting it back hopefully before the weekend.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Here is an interesting one, unsure where to post it so I thought I would post it on my car topic.

Car went in for service, transfer box fluid change (as per service schedule) and PCM update to get rid of "clunk" and "lurch/bang" when going from Park to Drive. All good. Very happy. On picking up the car I drive 130+ miles straight to London for work so left it in normal mode for motorway run, AC on, all very good, where is stayed parked up from Sunday until yesterday at hotel car park until it was time to come home. Drive home was traffic, hot, 130+ miles of motorway so again staying in normal mode.

This morning had to run out to do a quick job so flicked into Dynamic and something didn't feel quite right. Not as sharp as I recalled, throttle response dull like it wasn't really in dynamic. I was about to start cursing dam software updates but had no time. After doing the job, i noticed all the dynamic settings had reverted to comfort!

AFTER DEALER SOFTWARE UPDATE

Before.jpg

So a quick flick back to factory setup and everything is now resolved. Thew!

After.jpg

So I have posted this because I am aware some people have complained that after software updates the driving experience and or noise has changed and I was wondering whether dealer software updates change dynamic mode to default to comfort for some reason and perhaps those people just need to flick back to factory setup. Hope that makes sense!
Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

simpleR wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:39 am Here is an interesting one, unsure where to post it so I thought I would post it on my car topic.

Car went in for service, transfer box fluid change (as per service schedule) and PCM update to get rid of "clunk" and "lurch/bang" when going from Park to Drive. All good. Very happy. On picking up the car I drive 130+ miles straight to London for work so left it in normal mode for motorway run, AC on, all very good, where is stayed parked up from Sunday until yesterday at hotel car park until it was time to come home. Drive home was traffic, hot, 130+ miles of motorway so again staying in normal mode.

This morning had to run out to do a quick job so flicked into Dynamic and something didn't feel quite right. Not as sharp as I recalled, throttle response dull like it wasn't really in dynamic. I was about to start cursing dam software updates but had no time. After doing the job, i noticed all the dynamic settings had reverted to comfort!
So a quick flick back to factory setup and everything is now resolved. Thew!
So I have posted this because I am aware some people have complained that after software updates the driving experience and or noise has changed and I was wondering whether dealer software updates change dynamic mode to default to comfort for some reason and perhaps those people just need to flick back to factory setup. Hope that makes sense!
That’s a bit strange as the default position is all settings to dynamic, you’d think if everything was reset that’s where it would end up!

As an aside, if you get a SOTA update does the car tell you? I drove mine yesterday and could feel some odd sensations through the wheel and a new display show up on the dash with sloping red lines. It was the lane keeping mode which had somehow turned itself on even though it has been off for the entire time I’ve had the car. Turned it off again and it hasn’t shown itself again - yet!
scm

Post by scm »

Yeah, I found mine was set to "Comfort" after some recent warranty work. I didn't realise it was a common occurrence or I'd have posted about it. Thanks, simpleR.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just thought I would update my car topic with some good news and bad news!

Good news, got quote from Jaguar main dealer for 4th Service + Rear Diff Oil Change + MOT + Courtesy car + new wipers - £577.68 inc VAT (in writing). Happy with that and actually cheaper than two independents who quoted as well.

Bad news. Bang, pop, puncture! Huge nail/shard of metal (about size of thumb) through the shoulder/side wall outside (and split the tyre) and into shoulder inside. Decided on a new tyre! Back on the road again.

IMG_20210323_085507.jpg

Deleted User 1715

Post by Deleted User 1715 »

simpleR wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:02 pm Just thought I would update my car topic with some good news and bad news!

Good news, got quote from Jaguar main dealer for 4th Service + Rear Diff Oil Change + MOT + Courtesy car + new wipers - £577.68 inc VAT (in writing). Happy with that and actually cheaper than two independents who quoted as well.

Bad news. Bang, pop, puncture! Huge nail/shard of metal (about size of thumb) through the shoulder/side wall outside (and split the tyre) and into shoulder inside. Decided on a new tyre! Back on the road again.

IMG_20210323_085507.jpg
Not good, that’s a huge piece of metal, hope the rim survived ok?

Did you get recovery to get it sorted or did someone come to you with a tyre and mobile fitting?
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

It was about 3 inches long and had folded over back into the tread pattern on outside and sliced the tyre.
I think I might of done it reverse parallel parking into a space outside shops and perhaps the metal was in the gutter which pushed it into the sidewall/shoulder hence the odd angle it went in.

The pressure dropped down to 24psi in an hour and then just a slow leak. Luckily I live by the Pirelli Performance Centre so managed to pump it up to 45psi and crawled down the road in it for a couple of miles at 30mph.

Rim OK. No harm done other than wallet!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post