SimpleR 400 Sport - My Car Topic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

simpleR wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:21 pm Odd. Very odd. To confirm mine was registered May 2017 and the luxury tax has now ended, last payment May 2022.
June 2022 is £13.57 a month.

It is also car insurance time for me. Since January a new law came in which means your renewal should be no more than if you were a new customer.
Last year mine was £606. Renewal was £598.
However as a new customer it was only £480.
A quick call to LV and they changed my renewal. I always shop around anyway but for anyone who doesn't it appears insurance companies are not checking still
LV said it was because I went through compare the meerkat and they were offering an extra 20% as a special offer but they matched it no argument.
That happened for me as well. Only I wasn’t aware there was a specific law now
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel

Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

simpleR wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm Just a quick update on my car.

5yrs & 2 months old, 38,500 miles covered.
Just had 5th service (oil, filters and spark plugs) and MOT at Jaguar Derby. £385 + £40 MOT.

No issues to report. Picking it up later and I've asked them to show me a spark plug that's come (just out interest into why the service schedule is 5yrs or 80,000 miles).

Fingers crossed for a trouble free year!
That’s good to know - thanks👍
Mine is due October and whilst I’m only on 15k I suspect, due to a similar age, it will be the same service.
Just over £400 c/w plugs is well within reason, plan to use this if negotiation is required (Harwoods Chichester)
Thanks again
Russ
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

5yr old / 38500 mile spark plug for reference.
Apparently no issues in changing them.

PXL_20220707_165852208.jpg

I'm not sure changing them every 5yrs regardless of mileage is essential. Where as the rear diff oil every 4yrs needs to be more often for sure.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Went out to car this evening as was heading out. On turning on ignition an alert, front nearside only 13psi.

Obviously no spare wheel and my can of gunk is out of date by 2+ years and don't really want to use it as that will definitely be a new tyre then. (It has 5mm left).

Car stuck on drive. Has anyone used Jaguar assistant for such an issue and what can I expect them to do?
Will they remove wheel and take it somewhere to be fixed (presuming it can be etc).

Just wondering if anyone has had same issue and what to expect for when I call them tomorrow.
NavigatorNI

Post by NavigatorNI »

Looks like a slow puncture. If I were you, I'd pump it up using your compressor &, provided the tyre holds pressure, drive it to your nearest friendly tyre dealer to get them to repair it.

PS Don't bother using the tyre repair Gunk if you can avoid it.
V6S Coupé, RWD, MY16
Salsa Red
20" Turbine silver alloys
Lots of extras
Lots of noise
Lots of smiles :D :D :D
Purplecat

Post by Purplecat »

Yes pump it up and probably a good idea to see how long it stays inflated before setting off in it.

Regarding LV insurance, do you have a tracker fitted? I used to be with them on my previous car but they wouldn't insure the F-Type unless I fitted one
2019 F-Type 5.0 V8 R AWD Coupe Silicon Silver
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When I had low tyre pressure one morning I just called a mobile tyre company out. It was plugged within a couple of hours. I didn't think of Jaguar assist so will be interested in your outcome.
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Well its losing 3-4psi an hour roughly as it's gone from 37 to 8psi over night. After a few phone calls (I live in middle of no where) naturally no one has a tyre (just in case) and don't fancy driving it as presuming it will go down quicker when in motion etc. There is nothing in tyre so presume whatever went it then came out leaving a hole.

So I've called Jaguar Assistance who have booked a 1pm appointment. We will see what happens I guess!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

simpleR wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:44 am Well its losing 3-4psi an hour roughly as it's gone from 37 to 8psi over night. After a few phone calls (I live in middle of no where) naturally no one has a tyre (just in case) and don't fancy driving it as presuming it will go down quicker when in motion etc. There is nothing in tyre so presume whatever went it then came out leaving a hole.

So I've called Jaguar Assistance who have booked a 1pm appointment. We will see what happens I guess!
Think I would go round the wheel with some soapy water to try and see where the air is coming out.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

🤞 it's within the middle 75% of the tread width and can be plugged.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post