SimpleR 400 Sport - My Car Topic

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

My car was 5 years old on 27th May
The direct debit for car tax comes out on 3rd of the month and for May they collected £42.87. Today, June, they are collecting £13.57 so my luxury car tax has been removed correctly as the 5yrs since first registration has now lapsed.

Anyway, I've been threatening to wash it for nearly 9 months. And yesterday evening, with a lack of football or motor racing and a day off work, I finally took to doing it..... I forgot it was black. Should really wash it more often.

PXL_20220603_101740154.jpg

400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black

TopCat

Post by TopCat »

simpleR wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:22 am My car was 5 years old on 27th May
The direct debit for car tax comes out on 3rd of the month and for May they collected £42.87. Today, June, they are collecting £13.57 so my luxury car tax has been removed correctly as the 5yrs since first registration has now lapsed.

Anyway, I've been threatening to wash it for nearly 9 months. And yesterday evening, with a lack of football or motor racing and a day off work, I finally took to doing it..... I forgot it was black. Should really wash it more often.

PXL_20220603_101740154.jpg

It appears that the extra luxury car tax has been extended by a further year for new cars - website says “Additional rate for 5 years from the start of the second licence £355”.

https://carfueldata.vehicle-certificati ... hicle.aspx

Does look good clean.
2017 F Type V6 coupe, storm grey, panoramic roof, 19" wheels
scm

Post by scm »

TopCat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:52 am It appears that the extra luxury car tax has been extended by a further year for new cars - website says “Additional rate for 5 years from the start of the second licence £355”.
That's always been the case, surely? The first year is punitive, and the "luxury" surcharge for the next 5. Originally £340, if I recall correctly. My car tax renewal, like simpleR's, fell into the 6th year and was reduced accordingly. Next year my Jag renewal will be considerably less than my 2001 Almera. :shock:

Edit: not sure if I recalled correctly but I can't type correctly, "9" fixed to "0".
Last edited by scm on Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

scm wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:33 pm
TopCat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:52 am It appears that the extra luxury car tax has been extended by a further year for new cars - website says “Additional rate for 5 years from the start of the second licence £355”.
That's always been the case, surely? The first year is punitive, and the "luxury" surcharge for the next 5. Originally £349, if I recall correctly. My car tax renewal, like simpleR's, fell into the 6th year and was reduced accordingly. Next year my Jag renewal will be considerably less than my 2001 Almera. :shock:
If the price falls at the beginning of the 6th year, which is how I’ve read SimpleR’s post, the additional luxury tax has only been collected for 4 years, whereas the website says it will be collected for 5 years from the start of the second year, perhaps the website is worded badly.
scm

Post by scm »

TopCat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:53 pm
That's always been the case, surely? The first year is punitive, and the "luxury" surcharge for the next 5. Originally £349, if I recall correctly. My car tax renewal, like simpleR's, fell into the 6th year and was reduced accordingly. Next year my Jag renewal will be considerably less than my 2001 Almera. :shock:
If the price falls at the beginning of the 6th year, which is how I’ve read SimpleR’s post, the additional luxury tax has only been collected for 4 years, whereas the website says it will be collected for 5 years from the start of the second year, perhaps the website is worded badly.
You're right! Best to keep quiet about it in case anyone from DVLA is reading. ;)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
TopCat

Post by TopCat »

scm wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:44 pm
TopCat wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 3:53 pm

You're right! Best to keep quiet about it in case anyone from DVLA is reading. ;)
It’s all going to be computerised so imagine if it has always been the same then the intention was for the five years of luxury tax to include the first year’s payment as well.
Topfox59

Post by Topfox59 »

My car was registered in Nov2017 and I pay also by DD. However, been told that the luxury tax for my car changes in Nov 2023?
MY18, 400AWD, Black Coupe, Pano, Climate Seats, Camera, Pwd Hatch, Htd Screens/Wheel
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Odd. Very odd. To confirm mine was registered May 2017 and the luxury tax has now ended, last payment May 2022.
June 2022 is £13.57 a month.

It is also car insurance time for me. Since January a new law came in which means your renewal should be no more than if you were a new customer.
Last year mine was £606. Renewal was £598.
However as a new customer it was only £480.
A quick call to LV and they changed my renewal. I always shop around anyway but for anyone who doesn't it appears insurance companies are not checking still
LV said it was because I went through compare the meerkat and they were offering an extra 20% as a special offer but they matched it no argument.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I've used LV for my daily for years (Abarth currently). At every renewal I compare it to being a new customer with them and it has always come back as the same price.

They've always seemed pretty straight on price, unlike others who want go through a circus of negotiation each renewal.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Just a quick update on my car.

5yrs & 2 months old, 38,500 miles covered.
Just had 5th service (oil, filters and spark plugs) and MOT at Jaguar Derby. £385 + £40 MOT.

No issues to report. Picking it up later and I've asked them to show me a spark plug that's come (just out interest into why the service schedule is 5yrs or 80,000 miles).

Fingers crossed for a trouble free year!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post