New owner/member

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
chopchopsee

Post by chopchopsee »

Hi everyone

10 days into ownership of my gorgeous (truly think they are one of the best looking cars on the road today) MY15 Storm Grey V8R AWD Coupe.

Like some others here, previously owned R35 GTR and most recently MY10 RR Sport S/C - like to keep it in the same engine family :)

Never had Jag previously - though I did have a flirty affair with my brother's 97 XK8 last decade - really looking forward to getting to know my beast better.

Have just had exhaust box replaced under warranty for faulty valve, have ordered the Knightspeed phone holder and as of today now shod in 305/265 MP4Ss all round.

Absolutely loving the remote start feature with the app - sure it will annoy the wife eventually but not so far 8-) . She's not a big petrolhead but thanks to some ?divine influence is disproportionately into the sound of my cars and thus absolutely loves this one - doesn't like me to turn off the loud button (as if...) :D :D :D

Looking forward to interacting with like-minded (aka childishly pleased) F Type owners ;)
MY15 STORM GREY V8R AWD COUPE

davidd

Post by davidd »

aha a fellow ex GTR owner. Welcome.
Chrissyg

Post by Chrissyg »

You can't say all that and not post up some pictures! Welcome :)
20MY D240 RR Velar - Firenze Red
200tdi Defender 90
Ex-MOD SWB Series III Land Rover
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

aha, a fellow child. :D Welcome again.

Did you manage to get SVR wheels for those tyre sizes?
chopchopsee

Post by chopchopsee »

davidd wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:30 pm aha a fellow ex GTR owner. Welcome.
Thank you David- also agree with your sentiments of the Jag being more refined - but with regards to not feeling as connected as the GTR from the outset I'd say my initial impressions are different rather than lacking
chopchopsee

Post by chopchopsee »

Chrissyg wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:31 pm You can't say all that and not post up some pictures! Welcome :)
Thank you.

Haven't taken any proper pics myself yet - just have the ones the previous owner sent me before I saw the car in person

2016-06-11 14.31.51.jpg

chopchopsee

Post by chopchopsee »

Aitch wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:49 pm aha, a fellow child. :D Welcome again.

Did you manage to get SVR wheels for those tyre sizes?
Thanks again Aitch

No - tyres were really on the limit so needed replacing - huge difference already - may either part ex the current rims against some Storm or Blade alloys at some point or else just have them done all black/graphite - as SWMBO just reminded me 'obviously' none of that is necessary just yet... :roll:
OB123

Post by OB123 »

welcome and great to hear from someone so enthusiastic about this fantastic car - i'm 1700 miles in and the love affair is getting stronger every day
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
chopchopsee

Post by chopchopsee »

OB123 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:54 am welcome and great to hear from someone so enthusiastic about this fantastic car - i'm 1700 miles in and the love affair is getting stronger every day
Thank you - I can certainly relate to the growing love affair :mrgreen:
The Jagster

Post by The Jagster »

Welcome.

Very classy looking F-Type. Great choice 8-)
2014 V6s convertible Rhodium Silver with Propeller alloys & black interior.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post