Just dropped a deposit on an SVR

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Hi there

Well I test drove a couple of SVR's recently, first one was this:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... New&page=1

After some thought, I went to put a deposit down to find I was beaten to it and the car was sold. :(

So today and I went to check out this one:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... SVR&page=1

Was 2k more expensive and 10k more miles, 5 months older, but on the flip side it had a lot more options including the very rare carbon roof,
They would not move on price, but I did get 12 months road tax and a full tank of fuel.

As such I put a deposit and hope to collect by next weekend. :)

A couple of questions, do SVR's have any form of launch control or do you just stomp the loud pedal and hold on? :D

car

Post by car »

don't think they have launch control I have the carbon roof on my f type r coupe a s well as the carbon pack
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

car wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 pm don't think they have launch control I have the carbon roof on my f type r coupe a s well as the carbon pack
Yep carbon pack was a must for me, plus the carbon roof is a nice bonus, I know it is 1kg lighter than stock tin roof, but nearly all SVR have the glass roof which I guess weighs more than tin roof. So I suspect over the glass roof the carbon roof must give some better weight savings and it looks nicer too.

It also had a load of other stuff, uprated meridian stereo, heated seats, heated windscreen, powered tailgate, rear blind spot camera, auto beam headlights, was something like £11,435 in extras, so a little extra money but some nice options.

Was not sure on the gloss black wheels, in photos the satin grey wheels look nicer but in person the gloss black are fine, they just don't seem to photograph as well.
steveh

Post by steveh »

Looks very nice, and very rare too. In the add it says it’s a 5ltr V6. 😊
Steve.
V6S coupe, Italian Racing Red with Ivory interior.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

steveh wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:45 pm Looks very nice, and very rare too. In the add it says it’s a 5ltr V6. 😊
Steve.
They made a few errors in the ad, says ceramics or did do which it does not have.
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Lovely looking car and nice spec. Maybe you need to check if it's been priced as having ceramic brakes.
Gibbo

Post by Gibbo »

Aitch wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:30 pm Lovely looking car and nice spec. Maybe you need to check if it's been priced as having ceramic brakes.
I did try, but it was correct on their own site and 80k seems the bottom for these cars and I only wanted electric blue with carbon pack which there seems to be very few about, especially at 80k.

Was hoping get 2-3k grand off, but they just would not budge.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Nice Xmas present. :P
White MK3 Focus RS.
Tel

Post by Tel »

You didn't fancy the "Yellow Peril" then ? 😋
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Welcome to the SVR club ;)
Just a couple of points.

1. No launch control - Believe me you don't need it ;)

2. The colour is "Ultra Blue"

Fantastic car you will not be disappointed.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post