New member with 2L convertible

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1481

Post by Deleted User 1481 »

Hi all.

My name is Paul, and I just took delivery of this little beauty and joined the forum today. Hoping to get helpful tips and share experiences with other F-type owners.

It's "only" the 2L version which is plenty for me. A great car, except for the InTouch Pro entertainment system which doesn't work properly but I am told that the next version should be out in January and that should fix the problems I am having.

F-type gone.jpg

Perky33

Post by Perky33 »

Hey Paul, welcome to the forum, the car looks stunning! I also have the 2 litre and love it!
F Type Coupé, 2.0 R Dynamic
Caldera Red, Panoramic Roof plus extras...
Deleted User 1481

Thanks! I took it to a detailer (Refined Details) near Aylesbury and Adam did a great job on it removing all the swirls and other stuff that the dealer managed to add to it!
M@r]{

Post by M@r]{ »

Nice!
=========================
MY2019 Mclaren 720s Performance
MY2006 Lotus Exige "GT3"
MY2008 Westfield Megablade Track Car
MY2012 VW Camper (the family getaway / track car tow vehicle)
MY2013 Range Rover Evoque (the missus car)
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Nice choice of colour. Welcome!
OB123

Post by OB123 »

what a lovely looking machine - very classy
V8 AWD Coupe - Indus Silver
Jason B

Post by Jason B »

Nice car Paul. I've just got my 2L Coupe, out of curiosity, what are the In Touch Pro issues you're having? Have noticed I'm sometimes getting 'queue corrupted ' messages when playing music from USB sticks.
Jason
2.0L MY2018 Caldera Red.
Deleted User 1481

Thanks Jason.

The InTouch Pro system occasionally froze, and once when a call came in the screen went to a kind of coloured static pattern. The dealer took it in to update the software and that has made it worse - the colour pallet is all wrong for the entertainment system with white icons in white squares (so effectively invisible). I can still use it as I know where the back icon is, for example, but it just appears as a white square. The rear camera, GPS, and apps like SPotify are unaffected, only the built in entertaiment system apps, and the entertainment settings page (so for example it is impossible to adjust the base or treble as the screen is just white with barely discernible writing.

The dealer says it is a software problem, which makes no sense to me, but if necessary they will have to change some hardware module I think.

So short answer is I have not had your problem.

New software (Stage 3) was due Dec 7 but now early January.
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

That Sir, is a beautiful looking and well co-ordinated F-type ... Enjoy, rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post