New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi to all!

I am on my third XF my current one is a 3.0 V6 S (2016 model) and I love it. However, having only owned this one since October 17, I have an irresistible urge to change to an F type. I test drove a 2015 coupe s yesterday, my first experience in one and really enjoyed it although once the initial thrill had ebbed, I became aware that loads of the creature comforts I have been used to were not there and generally everything seemed a bit dated eg from 12 inch screen to 5 inch only 6 way seats etc, etc. Not what I was expecting from such an expensive car. Also although my XFS runs on 20 inch wheels 255 tyres with 35 mm profile, the ride in the F type was very harsh, even though the A16 was fairly smooth.
I really fancy an F type, and so I am looking at some 2017 models now to see if they are more up to date equipment wise. I was amazed that the seat had be moved forward and back by a manual lever!
My last dilemma is convertible or coupe, is there a lot of wind noise with the convertible?
Any comments would be greatly appreciated in helping me move towards a purchase.
Thank you.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Hi johnboy and welcome.

The XF and the F Type are very different horses for different courses. It sounds, from the equipment, or lack of it that the coupe you tested was fairly basic. There are plenty of members here who can enlighten you further on that score. Also, I can't advise re. convertible wind noise as I have a coupe (with the 14 way, all electric seat adjustment).

There are a number of comments lately regarding the harsh ride. My daily drive is an Audi A6 S-Line. Before that an A4 S-Line and by comparison, the F Type is quite smooth. If you want comfort, Citroen are super smooth, but who wants a Citroen :)
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Hi Aitch,
Thanks for the reply, to clarify, I did mean wind noise when the roof was up!😉
SESH

Post by SESH »

Hi Johnboy,

I have had a convertible since the beginning of September 17 and have to say the wind noise isn't bad. I had a BMW 630 convertible before that and I would say it was on a par with that. No leaks and minimal noise. Must say that the ride is harder than I am used to but hey it's a sports car! They have harder suspension for stability and cornering.

Go test drive one, you won't be disappointed. As soon as I sat in the drivers seat I knew it was for me, the driving position was just perfect. Plus you can't ignore the full orchestra behind you, and a convertible helps you hear every note!

Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks Mike, I bought one yesterday 4th and picking it up today!

20180104_165816.jpg

SESH

Post by SESH »

Congratulations!

Very nice spec. You will definitely enjoy it!

Just be careful as its very tempting to put your foot down and in a blink of an eye you are well over the speed limit!

Enjoy!

Mike
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Highland Green
1966 Corvette Stingray Big Block
1973 E Type Convertible
1963 Triumph TR4
Ex F Type V6S MY2016
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Thanks Mike that's very true, I was surprised at one point on the two hour journey back from the dealer to find that I was travelling nearly 20 mph faster than I thought l was!
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Beautiful car & congratulations! Happy times ahead for you 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Johnboy

Post by Johnboy »

Many thanks Darren!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

That's just gorgeous!

Two hour drive in the rain means you can have the pleasure of cleaning it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post