Hello - and Meet PussCat

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Car.jpg

After searching for several months, finally found desired spec V6s in BRG (not many about) earlier this month.

18 months old, 8k miles, Pan roof, configurable dynamics, heated seats and wheel and a few other bits.

Came with cirrus leather sports seats, which the dealer convinced me was best without black pack and wheels. I think I see his point - but I may still black up at some point (am I allowed to say that?).

Have fitted a Thinkware 770 dash cam (excellent but rear wire too long).

Still get that smile whenever I see her on the driveway.

Excuse the dirty picture, but the combination of a rare ray of sunshine and a good background only happened after a trek up a muddy track.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Very nice but you haven't done the car justice with that pic. White wheels or over exposed silver?

Welcome :)
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

It's harsh winter sun that's caused the problem. All dark cars photograph better in softer light (best light summer just as the sun is setting). Try shooting it when it's overcast and away from any distracting reflections, it will then look great. As an automotive photographer, one of the worst scenarios is a very shiny dark green car in low winter sun. Great car though.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Good lord you lot are getting picky ;) at least we GOT a photo, and it shows up the green lovely. Welcome to the board pusscat!
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

ajbh wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:38 pm Good lord you lot are getting picky ;) at least we GOT a photo, and it shows up the green lovely. Welcome to the board pusscat!
You're absolutely right but to qualify my being picky, it's a beautiful colour but lost from all but the corner of the front bumper.

If the wheels are white, I think they look superb and add a new dimension to the style.
Genesiswalker

Post by Genesiswalker »

Looks great, really don't see many in BRG!!

Thanks for the photo!!
MY16, V6S, Italian Racing Red, 20" Black Chrome Gyrodynes, Pan Roof, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Visibility Pack, Keyless Entry, Performance Seats, Power Tailgate.
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Points taken guys, but if I had put up some of the pictures that I'd taken in dull light, you'd all have been asking: "Are you sure it's BRG?"

For example, there's only one green coupe for sale on autotrader at the moment (not mine). There are plenty of good pictures of it, but none in bright light. I don't think they do the colour justice.

I'll try again soon, with the setting/set sun behind me.
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

OK gave PussCat a rub down this morning and have just got back from taking a few pics of her.

Winter sun warmly (ha ha) setting behind me through thin clouds.

This (I think) is better, though composition is pants. But it's still a struggle to get the colour to pop out properly on the shots.

Isn't she gorgeous?

Car2.jpg

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Beautiful! But you have to say,are those white wheels or silver?
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

The cars beautiful and I’ll bet a hard colour to show, but try a few different locations.

The post out of the roof and all the flat hardcore area in front detracts for me.
I’d try across by the trees so you see the woods instead as a backdrop
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post