Speed bumps and intro

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

Hi,
I’m new to Jaguar and the forum. Had my F type for less than a week - love it! Ammonite grey convertible V6 380. Black pack, winter package.
I’m going to an area with lots of speed bumps. Should I be worried about grounding?
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

The plastic thingy under the air dam can hit the bump if you're too fast. They are expendable and easy to replace. I even had to have ramps to get on to a Scottish Ferry!
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Never had a problem with speed bumps when taken relatively slowly. Steep road camber is more tricky. There's a T junction when I leave work where I can't turn right 90 degrees and have to perform and imaginery mini roundabout, by going slighly left out of the junction to then sweep round to the right, to avoid grounding the nose spoiler.

https://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yo ... pe-9633607
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

Thanks for that mickjaguar. The Examiner item is worrying!
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

To be fair, in nearly two and a half years, the only place I've ground the spoiler is at the one junction near where I work. It's a fair dip onto a steep road camber so I'm careful to spot other potential situations and approach them slowly (ramps etc). Generally, it's not really a problem and there a some guys on here with lowered springs.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
philmayfield

Post by philmayfield »

Should you need to replace the damaged lower spoiler lips the part numbers are :-

Centre spoiler : T2R4160
RHS spoiler : C2P22211
LHS spoiler : C2P22212

They're screwed on so fitting should be easy - not that I've had to do it myself yet!
BJagH

Post by BJagH »

I have one that catches the underside, but when take it at a slight angle it clears ok
Myer

Post by Myer »

mickjaguar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 pm Never had a problem with speed bumps when taken relatively slowly. Steep road camber is more tricky. There's a T junction when I leave work where I can't turn right 90 degrees and have to perform and imaginery mini roundabout, by going slighly left out of the junction to then sweep round to the right, to avoid grounding the nose spoiler.

Rather unusually for me I tend to side with the council in this instance, from the pictures the "sunken gulley" don't seem too bad, certainly not to cause such extensive damage at low speed! :shock:
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Myer wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 am
mickjaguar wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:10 pm Never had a problem with speed bumps when taken relatively slowly. Steep road camber is more tricky. There's a T junction when I leave work where I can't turn right 90 degrees and have to perform and imaginery mini roundabout, by going slighly left out of the junction to then sweep round to the right, to avoid grounding the nose spoiler.

Rather unusually for me I tend to side with the council in this instance, from the pictures the "sunken gulley" don't seem too bad, certainly not to cause such extensive damage at low speed! :shock:
I agree that in general speed bumps are fine. Issues arise when taken too fast, which is of course the point. There's a village near me where most traffic drove though at 40-60 mph in a 30 zone, ignoring houses, school, zebra crossing, etc.

Car park exit/entry ramps are a challenges. Couldn't get out of car park 2 in BHX airport yesterday without scraping on the bottom of an exit ramp
Last edited by cj10jeeper on Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
Myer

Post by Myer »

Exactly steep ramps tend to be my main concern, last week I saw a Porsche 917 reversing up the ramp to avoid issues with the front end!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post