New Firesand V6S Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
carphone

Post by carphone »

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to say I am the proud owner of a (new to me) F Type V6 S in Firesand Orange. I have been searching for ages and went to look at a white V6 and this V6S last weekend. I had to decide between classy, stylish (and cheaper) white V6 Vs a brash in your face orange V6S. I let my heart make the decision instead of my head lol. Really strong spec including pretty much every option as far as I can tell!:

20” carbon wheels, black pack, Super brakes, performance seats, leather lined roof!, Dark hex centre console, Meridian surround 770w , heated seats, heated steering wheel and heated windscreen, memory seats, flat bottom wheel, parking camera, blind spot, reverse detect & approach monitoring, rain sensing wipers, illuminated tread plates, dual climate control, air quality sensor, configurable interior lighting, active exhaust, keyless entry & start, power boot, metal pedals, adaptive headlights with high beam assist, cruise control (an option apparently).

Hoping to brave a track day at Bedford autodrome soon (lots of run off) - I have got to get used to an auto gear box first. I live in the Loughborough area and have found a good detailer – so car booked in during March to have the works!

It’s a daily driver for me and loving ownership so far. I even drop my 2 year old off to nursery in it most days (Jag recommended child seat)! Thrilled with how much affection the car has received from friends, family and passer byers.

Took the photos today after a quick wash :)

Dan

Last edited by carphone on Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 6 times in total.

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Dan,

Welcome to the wonderful world of F-Type ownership! What a beautiful car 😍

I’m in your part of the world, West Bridgford just along the A60. Will look out for you at weekends. Is the detailer local to you? I follow a Loughborough detailer on Facebook & may use his services in future.

If it appeals, make time to attend the Jaguar Breakfast Club meets. Here’s the link...

http://www.jaguarbreakfastclub.org.uk

There is also a Facebook page with latest news, photos etc. A few usually meet at Leicester Forest East services on the way for a Starbucks then convoy to Gaydon. Great day out, good run for the car & meet fellow F-Type & other Jag owners.

Here’s my child seat taking daughter for trip to Woodhall Spa last summer...

9A41A2E3-5406-4DB6-9A7C-949EACDDB2D2.jpeg

This was from Mothercare but fits fine & have disabled airbag.

Enjoy every minute & hope to meet you soon 👍

All the best,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Congrats, looks lovely. The specs on these cars are weird, why would you spec a leather lined roof when you could have a Pan roof?
Nice to hear its a daily - enjoy.
White MK3 Focus RS.
carphone

Post by carphone »

Thanks Darren - Love the pic! I wounder how many forum members have had kids in their F Type.. The detailer company is called Beau Technique. I had a chat to the owner called Scott last week - he seems really knowledgeable. Looking forward to seeing his work first hand. Will definitely join you all at the Jaguar Breakfast Club sometime soon - thanks for the warm welcome.

Boostfan - Agreed on the pan roof. Although I kind of like the uniqueness of a leather lined roof - I cant imagine there are many F Type's out there with this option (its £2k option looking at the configurator). The seller advised that the first owner was Jaguar hence why so many options were ticked.

Dan
cj10jeeper

Post by cj10jeeper »

Love the colour and the wheels especially. Same as I have on mine and I feel they are really standout feature

Nice first photo too that shows the colour off so well :)
2014 MY 3.0 V6S Roadster
Subtle enhancements to create the car I wanted from SVR nose cone, 400 series side skirts & customised 'design' rear bumper, to heated SVR steering wheel and more
AL1

Post by AL1 »

Great colour, very punchy. And what a huge spec! Pretty much just ticked all the boxes
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Looks absolutely fantastic .. and once detailed it will be amazing! Leather vs Pan roof ... maybe the manager that specced it originally was tall ... cant think of any other reason not to go with the roof ...

Have you considered asking the detailer if the offer Caliper painting? Matching the Caliper would be a must do for me as to my eye the red clashes with the Firesand ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
carphone

Post by carphone »

Thanks Senninha - Yep the detailer has priced up painting the calipers - I could go with yellow for a change :-)
Backfire

Post by Backfire »

I actually don't mind the red callipers (& red wheel centres) but hey-ho.
2017MY F Type Coupe, Caldera Red, 19 Centrifuges, Pan Roof, Leather memory heated seats, Parking pack. Also 1957 XK150 FHC.
wanner69

Post by wanner69 »

Stunning Dan, enjoy
V6S convertible, Glacier white, Black pack, 20" Tornado's, parking pack, Performance heated seats,

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post