Je m'appelle Fifi

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

Sorry guys - not really - but I thought it would help me get a few views - hopefully OAP123 was a clue...
Following a major Op I have decided that rather than think about getting an F Type, I will get on and do it, so I don't yet have any good pictures to support my post (although the scar is pretty impressive). And I can only read with great jealousy about those of you lucky enough to be ordering new - not a route I can afford to go down

So I am looking for something in the sub £40K category, convertible and ideally IRR - since if we're going to do this, we need to do it properly

If you have any advice on insurance, that would be very welcome - it is something I need to fix before I commit
The other point is whether my no claims can be used against two cars at the same time, but I can take that up with the insurer, once I have found them

I look forward to posting a picture one day before too long
OAP123

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hello Fifi

On the insurance front my friend had a nightmare with trying to convince his insurance company that his full 9+ years no claims should be applied to both his cars and failed miserably.

Full of woe I called my insurance company and had no such issues and they were happy to apply my NCD to both my cars, I'm with LV (Liverpool Victoria).

Enjoy the search for your perfect car, it's half the fun.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Tall dad

Post by Tall dad »

I have an XF and an FType. The estate came first and had full no claims. Admiral had a multi-car policy and allowed me to move all my no claims to the FType. It then said it would match the no claims up to 12 years on the XF. All told it was around £800, not too cheap but ok.
Italian Racing Red - V6S Coupe 2016 - Exterior Black Design Pack - Climate - Parking - Visibility -Performance Seats - 14 Way Memory - Red Seatbelts - Happy
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

Red seat belts Tall Dad - now we're talking - BTW just how tall - I'm 6' 3'' and 36'' leg but seemed to fit OK in the showroom - but have not yet had a drive - any thoughts on that welcomed assuming the fixed and soft top versions are about the same in the cockpit

Thank you and scharlton for letting me know it should be possible to have no claims on both cars - nothing like knowing others do it before opening the conversation with my insurer.
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

My husband is a leggy 6'2" and has no issues driving but some aches passengering at times (or so he claims :p) the seats could do with another few inches really but nothing that would put me off. Go for it, we are coming up on 3 years in ours and still love it! Jess
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

I'm 6'3" and long leg
Have the performance seats and do find anything over 30 mins in them gives me slight leg ache.
As mentioned above, the squabs could do with being a few inches longer.

I test drive a 400 Sport with the new performance seats and found them much better.
IRR V8R
Derivative

Post by Derivative »

I believe the facelift models have longer legroom due to the seat re-design.
MY2018 R-Dynamic 340 coupe
bigknd

Post by bigknd »

Hi
Yes can confirm that the new thinner magnesium seats allow the seat to go back further and down lower, I'm 6ft 5ins and 36" legs and can drive the F-type all day with no problem.
Did find however that the older seats didn't move back far enough or down low enough for me.