I’m new here

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Sollita

Post by Sollita »

Hi All
I’ve just found the forum. I bought my F-Type a year ago a 2014 V6S. I have another every day Jaguar a 2014 3 litre diesel XF saloon which I bought as a demonstrator and which gave me the confidence to buy another Jaguar, as the XF has been a trouble free great drive.
The F-Type replaced a Boxster S, before that I had a 911 C2 S, and before that an Elise S1 111s (7 years of track day fun in U.K. & Europe averaging 12 a year). I have had sports cars since the 1970s.
My F-Type is driven mainly in southern France where it stays from May to October in a little Mediterranean town called Marseillan, where we have a second home, in the Languedoc. We are less than 1.5 hrs from the Spanish border and less than 30 mins south of the Black mountains and the Cevennes. Some fabulous quiet driving roads nearby and in the Pyrenees. The F-Type is a great tourer and though as mine is a convertible packing the boot is an art form, especially after the space of two practical boots that we had in the Boxster. However as my wife coped with a 2 week touring holiday in a Lotus Elise the F-Type doesn’t phase her. On the back roads the F- Type surprised me once I had engaged dynamic mode and used the paddles by being far more responsive, grippy, and generally fun to throw around than I was expecting for such a heavy car. Plus the soundtrack with the roof down just had me laughing it is so outrageous! Unfortunately my wife has worked out which is the sports exhaust button and insists its turned off when we go into a town. I think the combination of quiet easy to drive tourer and fun noisy sports car when you feel like it is hard to beat. The boot is really stupid though and needs a redesign. It’s not just the size but the shape.
Sadly my car is back at the dealer having the wheels acid dipped and re-painted as when I claimed on their wheel insurance for a couple of kerbed wheels their insurer refused to repair them as the wheels were so badly painted, which I hadn’t noticed! The only other problem I have had from the start was a leaking diff which was repaired under warranty.

850BC71A-3028-4FBB-B88A-6E757758E630.jpeg

2014 V6S Italian Racing Red, chrome blacked out, 20” black painted wheels, R body kit.

Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Welcome! Great car, great lifestyle and a great introduction :)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Yes, welcome Sollita - nice intro.

Even if it did take you a while to find us, I'm sure you'll enjoy the forum :)

You're lucky to be able to enjoy the car in such a good climate and surroundings!
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Sollita

Post by Sollita »

It took early retirement to be able to have the lifestyle!
I haven’t spotted another FType in the area apart from at the local dealer in Montpellier. A visit that was needed because my car’s rarity causes lots of stares.....and where you look you steer....so on a narrow road an Audi clashed wing mirrors with me breaking my mirror glass!
2014 V6S Italian Racing Red, chrome blacked out, 20” black painted wheels, R body kit.
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi and welcome,
Your intro has just made the winter seem even longer and we are still not at the end!
Great looking car and look forward to good wine and cheese if you pop along to any of the meets.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts