3 months to go....

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Good morning all,

coming from more "useful" cars (Audi RS6 / RS4), I thought to add some style and fun to my everyday life and ordered a V6 Base Convertible three days ago (The current RS4 has to go of course). I'm very happy that I found this forum and will be able to gain some insights and might be able to contribute at a later time.

I'd like to apologize, if my posts might not be as understandable as being written by a native Speaker (which I'm not), sometimes.

I've test driven the new Ingenium 4-cylinder as well as the base 6-cylinder 340hp. Personally I think the new 4-cylinder is the smarter car. It drives just fantastic being a Little lighter on the front axle, the turbo charger working quickly and providing a good "torquie" (do you say that?) feel. Even the noise the exhaust provides is unbelievable.... However, driving the 6-cylinder I just couldn't stop smiling. As this is a complete emontional decision and not a rational one - going from years of driving AWD station wagons to a rear driven Roadster - for me it had to be the 6-cylinder.
The bigger models were ruled out by either budget, unavailability or the point, that I simply don't need more power. The 340hp car for me is the perfect balance between a sports car and a cruiser.

My specs (might differ in Terms of what is std./optional in the UK):

Corris Grey
Wheels 19" 7 Split-Spoke 'Style 7013'
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Air Quality Sensor
Garage Door Opener (HomeLink®)
Sunvisors with vanity mirrors
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Front parking aid
Rear View Camera
Blind Spot Assist and Reverse Traffic Monitor
Switchable active exhaust
DIgital Audio Broadcast DAB
No badges
Interior Black Pack
Wheel centre badge Union Jack

The specs I thought about most were color, wheels, black pack, R-Dynamic.
I went for the split-spoke wheels, because they are something different to what you usually see on the road and, because I prefer 19" on the F-Type (already bought a used set of 5058s Diamond turned, since I need a 2nd set for the wintertime). I skipped the black pack on the outside not because I don't like it - I think it looks sporty and cool - but it seems that nowadays almost everybody in Germany orders this option.
So why not have some variety on the road ;-)

What I'm really not sure about is the R-Dynamic package. I can't make up my mind, whether I should go for the rather clean standard look or the package?
Maybe someone has a valuable insight on that or even the one or other picture that might help.
By the way: Does anybody own that awesome ski rack? I would love to have one, but think it's overpriced just a little. Anybody selling a used one?

Folks, thank you again for having me participate in this forum and happy easter to everyone.

Oli

Fez

Post by Fez »

3 months will pass really quick, any F type will put a huge smile on your face. I have also found it makes other, smile, nod or wave. Enjoy............
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

You will love it! The colour is perfect (I might be prejudice, see pictures). 3 months is a long time to wait but it will be worth it. Coupe of convertible?

4D949FAA-5489-4418-BA83-0365392CFA2C.jpeg

The attachment 4D949FAA-5489-4418-BA83-0365392CFA2C.jpeg is no longer available
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.
apr1962

Post by apr1962 »

Vroom, I’m picking a 12 month old V8 R on Thursday, looks very similar to yours right down to the wheels. The colour of mine is Ammorite grey though

Regards
Andrew
MY 2018 V8R AWD Convertible
Ammonite Grey / Black Leather
Modifications:
SVR Bonnet Vents
Flat Bottomed Steering Wheel
Jaguar Aluminium Paddles
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

@Fez: Thank you, really looking forward to it.

@Vroom: Convertible. Thanks for the pic. Still unsure about R-Dynamic or nit. Does yours have the LED headlights?

@apr1962: I think I read somewhere, that Corridor Grey is just a new name for Ammonite.

Regards
Oli
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Sorry, the automatic spelling correction mixed up my post a little. I have to figure out how to disable it.
Vroom

Post by Vroom »

Yes, I think you are right that Corris and Ammonite are the same. Yes mine does have LED headlights.

Cheers
V6 R Dynamic convertible. Corris grey. 2017.Winter pack. Black pack. Rear camera.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Aviator wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 3:09 pm @Vroom: Convertible. Thanks for the pic. Still unsure about R-Dynamic or nit. Does yours have the LED headlights?
I just recognized yours is an R-Dynamic. Missed that on my Mobile's display.

Thank you :-)
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Finalized the specs yesterday:

Corris Grey
Wheels 20" 5 Spoke 'Style 5042' with Carbon Fibre and Satin Dark Grey Diamond Turned Finish
Adaptive LED headlights with LED signature Daytime Running Lights
Auto-dimming, power fold, heated door mirrors
Configurable Ambient Interior Lighting
Air Quality Sensor
Garage Door Opener (HomeLink®)
Ebony Suedecloth (Suedecloth Headlining Pack)
Heated front seats
Heated steering wheel
Front parking aid
Rear View Camera
Blind Spot Assist and Reverse Traffic Monitor
Switchable active exhaust
Digital Audio Broadcast DAB
No badges
Interior Black Pack
Gloss Black side vents
Wheel centre badge Union Jack

Configured it on the UK website and saw, that it is 8700GBP more in Germany :shock:

Anyhow, can't wait to get it.
Aviator

Post by Aviator »

Got it, finally. Jaguar didn't let me alter the specs as promised. So no LED headlights and a few minor things… However, I don't regret not cancelling my order. Who cares about LEDs or not driving under the blazing sun :-)

jag1.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post