Hi from a new member

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Post by Looking_4_BRG_F-Type »

Hi all,

Have just signed up and much like Kilsh a few posts earlier it is as part of a search for my perfect F-Type so I can join the Owners Club. I have loved this car from the minute they released the CX-16 concept in 2011 and have been patiently waiting/talking myself out of buying one ever since. I am determined 2018 will be the year I finally give in and take the plunge!

As my username suggests my main requirement is it be in British Racing Green. I know the colour is not to all tastes and I have seen some fantastic looking F-Types in other colours that I do really love too, but BRG is the only choice for me. When still living at home with my parents (going back a bit now) I used to see a beautiful BRG XK turn up on our street every few months visiting neighbours and I was in love and determined one day to own one........of course as with girlfriends a better looking one eventually comes along and as such my affection jumped from the XK to the F-Type.

Below is a photo of the XK that set this obsession off.

XK.png

I will post a full 'Wanted Ad' in the For Sale & Wanted Forum soon, but for now hi to everyone and congratulations on your cars.

Chris
V6 (340) - Coupe - British Racing Green

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Chris,

Check out he For Sale forum. Someone is selling a mint example in BRG.

Good luck,

Darren
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Carrera

Post by Carrera »

Hi Chris, BRG is a beautiful colour, don't anyone tell you otherwise.

Good luck,

Dominique
MY 2019 Coupe 2.0 Ltr Silicon Silver
Kilsh

Post by Kilsh »

Hi Chris

Hello from one newbie to another.

Nothing wrong with BRG especially in coupe, lovely choice.

By way of encouragement yours will come, I’m just off to collect mine from Yorkshire and bring it back is original home to Warwickshire, it was a Jag engineering car. My advice would be check approved used, autotrader, pistonheads abd eBay at least daily, more if you can. Then when you find it strike quick. I did daily checks for about 2 months. On Thursday evening last week it was all the usual suspects. I was late checking on Friday, it got to 3pm, and there it was, the perfect car. I only just got it as the seller had already had a call for a viewing the following morning but the potential buyer had not agreed a time. By 5.30 I was in Yorkshire and deposit paid.

Good luck and enjoy the hunt it’s all part of the fun

Cheers

Neil
TimG

Post by TimG »

How about this one?

http://www.hrowen.co.uk/used-jaguar/f-t ... 33123.aspx

Ask for Will Murphy, he is a really nice guy.

Cheers,

TimG.
2015 V6S Convertible Stratus Grey
Heated Perf Seats 14 Way Adjust
Premium Leather
Black Pack
Black Centrifuge Wheels + Silver Propeller Winter Wheels
Meridian
Switchable Exhaust
High Perf Braking, Red Calipers
Adaptive Dynamics
Parking Sensors with Camera
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Hi all,

Thanks for the welcome and messages of encouragement.

Darren: Thanks I had seen that advert and it's a lovely looking car, but a little high for my budget. I will post a 'Wanted Ad' soon, but really looking in the £30-35k band.

Dominique: Thanks, glad I'm not the only one who thinks so! They certainly seem to be a harder colour to track down.

Neil: Congratulations on finally finding your perfect car - that will be one enjoyable drive home! Thanks for the tips too. I have a few searches setup on AutoTrader, but I think you're right it now needs a more expansive/focused search. It's trying to work out whether to be patient and stick religiously to my ideal spec, or to start making compromises. I plan to have a look through the Forums and see what comments people have on the key options to try shorten my 'must have' spec list a little.

Tim: Many thanks for the link. I should have listed I'm in the market for a Coupe, but have to say the price on that one looks pretty good with all those options. I have registered with HR Owen now though so I can keep an eye on their new stock.

Cheers,

Chris
PussCat

Post by PussCat »

Hi, welcome, and snap!
I was also turned on to Jaguar sports cars by a drop-dead-gorgeous BRG XK, about 20 years ago.

I finally decided a sports car was for me last autumn. First I had to exclude Caymans and TTs from my list, then when I had a go in an F, it was an instant sale.....

.....though I had been looking for a suitably speced BRG for about 3 months.

The 340 in Hemel looks good, very low milage. At least it has rear sensors, if not a camera. And it has a cool reg.

I like the red topped BRG convertible in Shrewsbury. Very pretty.

There's a couple of pics of PussCat in my intro thread.
VROOOOM! (Pockle Pockle Pockle) MY17 V6S coupe in BRG.
Looking_4_BRG_F-Type

Hi PussCat,

I also toyed with the idea of a Cayman for a long while. Mainly due to the fact the 981 was more likely to be at my budget of £30k sooner than the Jag.....but that exhaust note on the F-Type is just too good! Think the budget just needs to be more flexible, haha.

Your car looks lovely and definitely confirms BRG is the way to go for me. By the sounds of things I may need to sign up to some photography courses if I plan on photographing my future green machine though, haha

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post