A new (happy) R owner!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
spagbol

Post by spagbol »

Hi all!

Having picked up the car during the UK's final icy blast a month ago, I can finally drive it properly with the sun out at last. And, oh yes, I made the right decision to buy the Jag... :)

Not sure what the colour is called (a sort of dark red, maybe someone can help?), it has the black pack plus I think a few other tasty options ticked by the original owner. Photo attached.

Me R pic.jpg

It's a definitely a keeper, so looking forward to being a member of the forum!

All the best

S

Arne

Post by Arne »

Congrats and welcome here!

It looks almost like a copy of my car. Color is IRR (Italien Racing Red) - the fastest color out there 😉
F-type R Coupe IRR 2015 - rwd V8
spagbol

Post by spagbol »

Excellent - my first F-type issue solved... thanks Arne!
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello ..welcome along

that is the colour that I wanted .. but when I ordered mine they had dropped the colour choice ? very nice example indeed

regards
FtypeFarmer

Post by FtypeFarmer »

Awesome! Glad you can finally enjoy it. I finally got to drive my new ride last night. ( 40 days after purchase) Longest, coldest winter in 40 years in Canada. GRRRR
Zyp

Post by Zyp »

Best colour...

Ceramics too - expensive option!
IRR V8R
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Hi Spagbol,

That’s a lovely looking Coupe, and nice spec with bar far my favourite 20” rims ... as well as the ceramics :o , is that the SVR rear spoiler ... and if yes, is I fully functional?

BTW, don’t believe all the red is fastest hype ... :D

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Ian J

Post by Ian J »

Senninha wrote: ↑Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:44 pm
BTW, don’t believe all the red is fastest hype
Or the traffic police snooker hype either :D
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Ian J wrote: ↑Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:30 am Or the traffic police snooker hype either :D
I can confirm that's not hype!
Well, it didn't used to be.
:D
spagbol

Post by spagbol »

I don’t know, but it seems pretty fast so far!

On the spoiler, that was one I couldn’t figure out and the JLR dealer couldn’t shed any light as to whether it was OEM or aftermarket. It does look like the SVR one (and is a sort of carbon effect on top) and moves up/down but the car is a 2014 so not sure when/how it was fitted as an option because the SVR didn’t come in until 2016. I guess someone made an expensive mod later on? But it is a nice look and was one of the reasons why the car caught my eye when I wasn’t even shopping for f-types at the time!

Will post a photo when I get time .

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post