New member, recently owner.

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi,

I live in the 'Veluwe' , the central 'Highlands' of the Netherlands, ranging up to 90m above sealevel... :lol: .

I wanted to have a Jaguar coupe since I was a teenager, early seventies. Watching the XK140 replaced, the XJS succeeded by the XK,
the XK8 in aluminium, never a change to buy one. First it was lack of money, later the kids needed to come along [3], and as a second
car too expensive for the budget. Now the kids are grown up and don't want to come on holidays with us ; so we only need a two seater :mrgreen:

Now I started looking around for an XK8 - actually it crossed my path- , with a local dealer. But after a test drive I thought to feel the same
symptoms my LR Discovery 3 some weeks before cost me a bundle : all kind of unwanted movement and play in the front suspension and
steering... :( , also all the motors and gears of the seats aquired so much free play that the seat moved almost in inch in winding roads...

Putting it all together, we decided against an old car, as I can not maintain it myself.

Until then I really never heared of the F-Type at all, as I was looking for Landrovers only. Now my dealers started selling jaguar as well,
so when I spent a day there in november to wait for the car to be serviced [ its 1½h drive from my house, so makes no sense to go home],
I tried out all the cars and seats in the showroom. To my surprise my best option was an F-Type !

So I arranged a test drive, primarily thinking of getting a used car. But those never have DAB , did not have the 3 years warranty/maintenance
offer, and the financing was more expensive [ interest rate higher].

After my son configured a car, and I configured about 75 different varieties, we decided to shop for almost my sons configuration, also as I
want to give it to him in about 8 years when I'm 65.

Not having to trade in, being a customer for ten years and almost part of the furniture, translated in a tidy discount, so after some thinking
we decided to buy that car...

Just one week after ordering I discovered about the EURO6d norm [ DPF for petrol cars ], and I was really upset when it proved my order
could not be delayed or cancelled just to get a car which complied with the new norm. This is important for me as my other car, the D3,
is from 2006 and has no DPF. Never been a problem, but now the government decided to increase roadtax with 15% as of next year for
diesels without a DPF. This means I will have to pay € 3500 pa...

I think you can see now that I would like to prevent that from repeating in a few years with the FT.. :roll:

Sofar I have been on a forum with mainly US-members. Not very nice as they accept you, but also kind of ignore you,
something new to me as this is no issue on the D3 forum.

Dan

My car : 2 liter FT 2019MY, Ultra Bleu automatic

URL to my review in a Dutch car magazine :

CODE: Select all

https://www.autoweek.nl/autoreview/45289/jaguar-f-type-coupe-20-i4-300pk-2018/    
Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on Wed May 02, 2018 7:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

davidd

Post by davidd »

Hello,

We won't ignore you ;)

So is the car on order or have you got it?

Cheers

D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Davidd,

I have the car for just over two weeks now. Did 1500km sofar. Had a hard time getting used to owning it, looking at it in the
drive and thinking : "yes, its yours, it really is.." . Although the major part still is owed to the finance company.. :lol:

I will inform some other EU members of the other forum, maybe they'll join as well.

Cheers !
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Welcome, I do like the ultra blue, fab colour.

I've only ever owned petrol cars but have heard of DPF and understand what it does. From a quick Google VW comes back as top of the list to potentially add DPF units to petrol.

£3500 euro for road tax, wow......!!!......, and I moan over here having to pay £450 for 5 years before it reduces to £140. I will stop moaning.

Enjoy the new car.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Welcome and Congratulations!

Great to have some European members on the site might give us an excuse for a road trip or two! :)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Welcome to the forum Dan.

We always like to see a photo! :)
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Carrera

Post by Carrera »

Hi Dan,
Welcome...
Don't You have any Pic's to share :(
Regards Dominique (Belgium)
MY 2019 Coupe 2.0 Ltr Silicon Silver
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Thanks for the welcoming words !

Pictures are in the link at the bottom of my first post !
Aitch

Post by Aitch »

Hi Dan,

Great choice of car and colour. I enjoyed reading (most of) your blog and pleased to see you're a member of the Jeremy Clarkson School of Global Warming Theory. :)

Welcome.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Aitch. Thanks ! What did you think of the "wood-look" I added to the center console ?

Its not the JC-school , its common sense.. :lol: We just have the same opinions.. ..on many, many things.. :mrgreen:

Maybe its because we are in the same age group. Anyway , I didn't as much admire JC as the way TG was filmed... ..epic camera work !
I think I found inspiration there to make my FT-movie... [ see the photo section please..].

The GT version and both TG versions don't come near the standard of filming of the JC/TG series.

Amazed you can understand Dutch.. ..always thought it would be some kind of secret-code to non speakers.. :o
Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on Thu May 03, 2018 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post