Pickup next Saturday - sooooooo excited!!

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Jagstarr

Post by Jagstarr »

Hi all

New to the forum so just basically saying Hello to you all.

Picking up this beauty next weekend and simply cannot wait!! 3L Storm grey, pan roof, black pack, 20" Cyclone black alloys. Was sold on this car as soon as pushed the start button for first time and heard 'that' noise!!!!

Have always been into cars but never been in a position until now to truly treat myself to such an amazing one as this. Previously owned an XJ6 many years ago and have been a Jag fan ever since, so glad to be getting back on board.

Looking forward to sharing more with you all when picked up, until then I'll be trying my best to get some sleep if possible with this much excitement! :P

8.......... days........ tick....... tock........

FType.jpg

scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
I bought my F Type from Harwoods of Croydon, not sure if this is the same branch. Overall good service, just make sure they've done everything they agreed to do before you pick it up. I had to go back for a paint chip repair that was supposed to be done before pick up.

She looks a beauty and you've timed it perfectly for the weather - enjoy and welcome to the forum.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

Hopefully your 8 days will fly past. The best thing about these cars is the initial exitement doesn't seem to wear off. A combination of the looks and the noise still does it for me more than two years later. Originally a 2 seater sports car wasn't something I was thinking about, but when the coupe came out I was just drawn in by it. At least you have 8 days to research where any tunnels are nearby :lol:
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Jagstarr

Post by Jagstarr »

Thanks for replies, yep I'll be sure to check they've done the agreed bits in my negotiations, seem a very good dealership so far but will see!

Annoyingly no actual tunnels near me but I have been assessing a few places where heavily tree lined/covered so I reckon will sound very tidy through there. Have also already been mind mapping where any bumpy bits & potholes are - certainly not going to be wanting to catch any of them with the 20" wheels on, fortunately the local roads don't seem 'too' bad.
Fez

Post by Fez »

Very good looking car, I am sure you will enjoy. I have had mine for 3 months and love it. Tunnels are great the hindhead tunnel on the A3 is guaranteed to put a smile on your face and the 10 cars following that would not overtake as they listen to you playing tunes with the exhaust. Enjoy.........
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
davidd

Post by davidd »

fine looking car, I find narrow streets with high buildings can be rather entertaining ;)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Underground car parks are amazing but even I felt guilty when a particularly large bang filled the sainsbury's shoppers with dread.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
john-handy

Post by john-handy »

Turning Petrol in to noise my new favorite hobby :)
2014 Polaris White/Red F-Type V6S Convertible

"it's an x-rated, hardcore monster, for the terminally unhinged..." JC
Jagstarr

Post by Jagstarr »

Advice from above noted. Busy scanning google maps for tunnels, narrow streets with high buildings, underground car parks.... Bring The Noise!! :D
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

And easily the best colour!! Health to enjoy ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post