Hello from Zurich

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
rogerontrack

Post by rogerontrack »

Hi there

I am from Zurich, Switzerland. Catched the "F Type Virus" last year in november and finally placed my offer for an F Type R Dynamic 380 AWD in shiny corris grey beginning of march 18.

The car has been built april 20th and should arrive may 22th. ( 18 days ) Yes, I do count every single day. Yes I have seen probably every video on Youtube too. Yes it's driving me mad ( says my wife )... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Will post some pics when I have it - for sure ... nice to be here

Roger

mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

I'm just imagining you driving through those mountain passes and it's making me jealous :mrgreen: Summer in the alps, the scenery...........and the noise from an F type, perfect.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
rogerontrack

Post by rogerontrack »

@mickjaguar

Cant wait to drive some of the mountain passes this year - many I did with the motorbike, many with an Audi TT ...with a car like the F Type it must be STELLAR :-D

BTW: You wont believe how many tunnels we have. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@rogerontrack. Aren't you afraid to have the police on you all the time, trying to catch you speeding ? I've read fines are stellar if you touch even the solid line seperating two lanes.. ... I tend to use the full with of the road finding the best line.. ..looking ahead many curves on the outer bends for oncoming traffic.. ;)
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
rogerontrack

Post by rogerontrack »

@Dan_Veluwe

Yes the police here is keen to get money out of your pockets - but fines are adapted to the normal level ( Switzerland is expensive but we also earn nice ) ... there is plenty of space to have fun :mrgreen:

I have never heard that someone has been fined by leaving his lane. Nobody would do this anyway on a narrow mountain road - only happens to bad, unexperienced drivers which are not used to drive there. There is only one ideal line there - your side. It's not a race track :-)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Carrera

Post by Carrera »

Hi Roger, congrats.
I know what You mean... I ordered mine the 27th of Februari and she arrived at the dealer last thursday 3 Mai, but now I have to wait on the registration papers to go and collect my dreamcar. I suppose I will have mine this week, but it's not sure because Thursday it's a holiday in Belgium, and Friday the dealers wont work either.
Regards, Dominique
MY 2019 Coupe 2.0 Ltr Silicon Silver
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Rogerontrack.

Did you read about the fact some owners in the USA got court orders to start there cars inside the garage with the door closed,
between 23-8h ?

From what I read/heared about the Swiss, you can have this problem to... ..or do you live in a mountain cabin.. ;)

I used to go to Switzerland every summer, now its been 17 years since I've been there with our youngest son as a surprise when my
parents went again [ ..eventually they went 30yrs to the same hotel, until it was demolished and replaced by appartments.. ].

In 1999 I went there with my MG-F and picked up my brother for a tour of 10 mountain passes in a single day.. ..epic drive..

Maybe you recognise the village..

106-0626_IMG.JPG

rogerontrack

Post by rogerontrack »

@Carrera

Thank you and let me congratulate you too :-D Your car has been built one week before mine (13th April) right? I assume mine will arrive next week - but because the salesman is in holidays I have to wait :-(
rogerontrack

Post by rogerontrack »

@Dan_Veluwe

Is it REALLY that loud? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have to admit that I have never driven one so far - the dealership had none. My first drive will be the moment I get my car :-D

I am in the lucky position to have underground car parking both at home and at work ( and 2 tunnels on the way to get there ). :mrgreen: My landlord collects oldtimers and has a big big heart for beautiful cars. At work I will park the cat between Porsche, Maseratis eg ... I dont expect any problems at all.

:mrgreen: My personal plan whenever I enter the car is:

1. Stop/Start Function OFF
2. Dynamic Mode ON
3. Sport Mode ON

Pussycat must roar. :mrgreen:

Thats a nice picture - but I don't recognize the village. Whats the name? In case you plan to come back - let me know. ( For "10 Passes - Reloaded" or something ). Switzerland has not changed much btw. It's still beautiful and boring.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Rogerontrack.

It starts in 'raised stationary' , so it goes to 2000rpm [I didn't check the exact value] for a minute or so.
Epic, but not good for the life of the engine.

Be ware : run the engine in calmly ; there's a section in the manual part on maintenance !
Not above 4500rpm , no full throttle [ <50% I keep it], first 3000km !
And : check the oil lever every 1000km , do NOT OVERFILL !

I'm instantanously jealous.. 2 car parks ánd tunnels.. .. :( , here I have winding roads on dikes and forests..
Not even a single carport as of stupid council... I have a garage but the builder made a mistake :
the door is on the long wall so I can get max 4.2m car in there.. :roll:

I would wait with permanently switching things on/off. The start/stop is very efficient, as I get thumps up from
cyclists in the city and at traffic lights. And once it starts, you have instant powerrr anyway..

It can be anyoing sometimes, but thats where the switch is for.

And believe me, driving all day in dynamic/sport can get boring too. If you're stuck behind traffic its a nuisance
actually ; not easy to drive steadily at low speed. Try it first for a month or so, until you know the car.

The village is Breil/Brigels, about 60km west of Chur.

Actually I started planning to go next summer with my youngest 'child' [ 18yr in november ], after he graduated from
highschool. We drive to Austria directly and work our way through the highest passes as long as there is asfalt...
But that will be june 2019..

We think to need 3 weeks to go through the Alps ans Pyrenees and might end up in our house in the Algarve,
then he flies home and my wife flies over... Big plans.

Originally we wanted to drive through the USA with a rented V8. But after the last two years of random killing of
very young people even , by the police [ last you would expect to be a danger normally ] , we decided not to take
the risk and just stay in Europe.

But first I'll go on the 2nd of june to the Nordschleiffe ... Thats why I am running the car in on a high pace as
in Germany I want to test the maximum speed...

My biggest problem with Switzerland is the cost of living. Now they disconnected the franc from the euro its
too much for a family holiday, as we use to go to >4* hotels. Can hardly go camping with an F-Type...

Where abouts in Switzerland do you live [ there is a slot in your profile to make it known ] ?

The discovery feels at home in the Algarve..

20171021_135222_blanked.jpg