New Owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Mr Wyn

Post by Mr Wyn »

DaddyDarren wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 pm Hello Mr Wyn,

Lovely car & great colour choice 😄

I’ve got along similar lines to you with changing front badge & wheel centres. I like the silver alloys as match my exhaust pipes & wanted to break up complete monochrome black/white.

I also replaced front grill/centre bar with one-piece Project 7 Grill. Looks fantastic imho & my favourite change so far...

What other modifications you planning?

Enjoy every minute 👍
Seriously! I was looking at your car last night at this grill!! :lol:

modifications Im planning include -

Velocity springs - I find the ride quite supple compared to my previous cars
Velocity pulley and Tune - its fast, but not as fast as the vehicles I have owned before
velocity exhaust - could be louder, but I'm not sure if It is raspy, need to hear one in real life

DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Ha ha. Great minds & all that!

My warranty, although exhaust not covered read my other thread 😄, expires next year. Then it’s down to David Appleby Eng for VAP springs, 200 cell pipes & tune😄

A fellow forum member Alasdair63 already has this work done. He attends a few meets so you may see his car in the flesh. He’s tried a few exhausts so would be able to advise.
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Mr Wyn

Post by Mr Wyn »

DaddyDarren wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 12:23 pm Ha ha. Great minds & all that!

My warranty, although exhaust not covered read my other thread 😄, expires next year. Then it’s down to David Appleby Eng for VAP springs, 200 cell pipes & tune😄

A fellow forum member Alasdair63 already has this work done. He attends a few meets so you may see his car in the flesh. He’s tried a few exhausts so would be able to advise.
Excellent, sounds like we have very similar plans, how much was the grill by the way? really digging the front end, reminds me of the old ferraris. Just not sure whether to have the surround in white for that added depth
DaddyDarren

Post by DaddyDarren »

Hello Mr Wyn.

Cost around £900.00 all in. A drastic mod, as the front bumper comes off but I can assure you it sets the car off brilliantly & turns an head-turner into an head-turner on speed 😄

Fitting wise I wouldn’t advise the route I took. Had my pants pulled down by the company, won’t mention them publicly, however they’ve missed out on my future modifications ££££££

My grill is being removed & professionally painted/fitted at a later stage. The process I would advise...

Buy the grill/surround. You will then require two of these...

0374AAA1-CF3C-4459-BA30-58033F2D6033.jpeg

Take everything to a good body shop. The sensor pockets need mounting within the grill & then painting. Then body shop fit new grill & fit sensors into grill.

There’s an in-depth thread on the US F-Type Forum.

Hope to see you at future get togethers 👍
White 2014 V6 Coupe
OEM P7 Grill
VAP Lowering Springs
VAP 200 Cell Cats & Downpipes
VAP Pulley & Stage II 453 BHP Remap
Vorsteiner 21” V-FF 103 Alloys
PB Brakes 8/6 Pot Drilled Big Brake Kit
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Great example ... also welcome to the forum, do like those wheels
also as others have mentioned great photo's
all the best
Mr Wyn

Post by Mr Wyn »

DaddyDarren wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:08 pm Hello Mr Wyn.

Cost around £900.00 all in. A drastic mod, as the front bumper comes off but I can assure you it sets the car off brilliantly & turns an head-turner into an head-turner on speed 😄

Fitting wise I wouldn’t advise the route I took. Had my pants pulled down by the company, won’t mention them publicly, however they’ve missed out on my future modifications ££££££

My grill is being removed & professionally painted/fitted at a later stage. The process I would advise...

Buy the grill/surround. You will then require two of these...

Take everything to a good body shop. The sensor pockets need mounting within the grill & then painting. Then body shop fit new grill & fit sensors into grill.

There’s an in-depth thread on the US F-Type Forum.

Hope to see you at future get togethers 👍
Thanks Darren, I’m very handy with removing bumpers, mechanical maintenance etc I don’t mind removing the bumper, should be straight forward enough, as with the grille, Im not sure where to get it from I asked a dealer already and they don’t know what part I’m referring to.. doesn’t help as I don’t have a part number.

With the sensors I can probably mock these up myself also :)
Mr Wyn

Post by Mr Wyn »

kaspa wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 5:15 pm Hello

Great example ... also welcome to the forum, do like those wheels
also as others have mentioned great photo's
all the best
Thank you!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post