New Member, F-Type arriving September

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

PhilB wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:04 am You will have to forgive me but as the moderator on here if I see a post I think is not in keeping with the topic I will comment on it.

When did that happen, you became a moderator ?
I've only seen some jokes about the possible need for a moderator passing by !?

And that was about obscenities and other unsuitable language..
Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

removed
Last edited by Dan_Veluwe on Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

Let's not argue on what is otherwise a joyous occasion - someone's F-Type Delivery Day! 8-)

I know PhilB from the XE forums - he's a good guy, even for a mod ;)

I think he took exception to you telling me how I feel about my car and what I should do with it. It wasn't very polite, but I'm not offended.

Am I terrified of stone chips, swirl marks etc? You bet. That's why I've spent a lot of money to protect it as best I can, for as long as I can. I love the F-Type. I've always wanted one and I've worked my arse off to get one, and nothing shows swirl marks like a black car on a sunny day! Besides, I know and trust my detailer well, and I'm happy to put my business his way. He has a barista on site and the coffee is far superior to Costa and Starbucks! :D

I had a 2015 XE-S in Italian Racing Red before my F-Type. It was beautiful - and I spent a tidy sum putting PPF on that too (but only the front). Before that, I had a 2012 2.2D XF - PPF was rubbish back then, so I had Gtechniq ceramic sealant applied instead. I love keeping my cars in tip-top condition, not to increase the sale value or to "protect my investment", but to keep my enjoyment of the car at maximum.
MY19.5, F-Type V6 3.0 P380 RWD Coupe
Santorini Black, Pan Roof, Parking Pack, Cirrus Leather
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

Glad you like your new purchase .. also just to note I am very enthusiastic to keep my example in top condition ..

even polished the rear subframe :roll: and I drive all the time .. also welcome to the forum :D

this is a very well behaved forum with a great moderator .. lets keep it that way ongoing
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

Thanks Kaspa

Is that a caramel point I see there? I have two - a caramel point and lilac tabby point :)
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Plymothian.
Well, I am sorry as it wasn't intended to be impolite. We Dutch are very outspoken and we just say what we think.

Also there is a gap ( seize of the North Sea..) between what we see as ironic and what English see as offensive, and vice versa.
Recently I had a big miscommunication with an English bloke who lives and works her for many years but made a joke
that did not really fit into 'humor' as we know it. So the drawback of these 'multicultural meeting places' is, you cant really
say what you want to say, for many reasons and perception. And ofcourse you must also watch out not to be tedious..

Sure, you can spend all you want on protecting the paint, and black is a living nightmare to keep good looking..
As long as you enjoy what you and you get what you like..

I had several reality checks, starting with my first car, a Triumph Dolemite Sprint [1977], in which I put my soul and
energy restoring for over a year [ in 1980, imagine the quality that came out of the factory then..], and just when
I was almost done as a truck hit it and it was totalled.. .. that was I realised a car is a very temporary fragile device
to put so much effort in..
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

No need to apologise, Dan. I wasn't offended. Written communication is terrible for conveying context - you can never tell if someone is being serious or just having a laugh. That's why emote icons entered our language ;)

I'd say your original comment was blunt and direct, but that doesn't make it wrong or offensive. Besides, I live by the saying "offence is always taken, never given".

Sorry to hear about the Dolemite - I'd be gutted if that happened to me. I know one day, my new pride and joy will be old and I'll want a younger model (I'd better not let my wife read this!). But as long as I have it, I'll take good care of it. Except when I'm accelerating up the slip road with the loud button switched on :D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Well, is there a psychologist in the house.. .. I guess with cars its with partners, if you loose one you really loved
you easily get promiscuous.. .. I had about 40 cars since, and only quieted down when I got my D3...
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Plymothian wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:33 pm Thanks Kaspa

Is that a caramel point I see there? I have two - a caramel point and lilac tabby point :)
Hello

Lilac point Boy :D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Kaspa.
The cat looks mean, like it says "... just try me, like to kick your.."... :shock:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post