New Member, F-Type arriving September

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse...

(I get my F-Type tomorrow :D)
MY19.5, F-Type V6 3.0 P380 RWD Coupe
Santorini Black, Pan Roof, Parking Pack, Cirrus Leather

scm

Post by scm »

Creatures will be stirring when you fire it up! :D
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Please check for swirl marks and blobs in the paint... ..as a detailer told me it '..came like that from the factory..'
.. And I don't believe him..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

I looked everywhere, but couldn't find any faults - only the odd watermark and a little adhesive from some of the protective stuff they put on it during transport. We're talking tiny specks of adhesive that only someone with OCD would spot...

The car went straight into a trailer and was driven to Bicester where it's now with my detailer until Saturday (Auto Wax Works). I'm having a full PPF wrap, wheels sealed, glass sealed, leather protected (it's the cirrus leather and blue jeans are its arch nemesis!). The full works, basically. I'm also getting the rear quarter windows tinted to the same tint as the factory privacy glass in the rear window. The privacy glass option only covers the rear window, unfortunately.

So another 5 sleepless nights to go...

On a related note, I was very pleased with the service I had from Harwoods in Brighton. Granted, they are 120 miles from where I live, but they gave me the most competitive price by far and my local dealer wouldn't match it. I even got my keys in a nice Jaguar gift box with two keys rings - one is the leaper, the other the red growler. So I'm one very happy customer right now :)

Pics to follow after Saturday :D
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Your are very afraid to get a chip of your paint.. .. its a means of transport, enjoy !
If you don't want to have it to have any marks, put it in your living room..

I think you'll be terrified to drive it.. ..and park it, where ?
Plymothian

Post by Plymothian »

Quite the opposite - I'd be more terrified if it didn't have PPF :)

The car will be my daily, so it will get plenty of use. It will sleep on my driveway, covered by security cameras. I chose not to have the keyless entry option, so that minimises the risk of relay theft.
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 pm Your are very afraid to get a chip of your paint.. .. its a means of transport, enjoy !
If you don't want to have it to have any marks, put it in your living room..

I think you'll be terrified to drive it.. ..and park it, where ?
I think if someone spends a considerable amount of money on a new car and then decides to protect it, detail it or whatever then that is their business.
Each to their own and without any unnecessary comments thanks.
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

PhilB wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 am Each to their own and without any unnecessary comments thanks
Well I made the same considerations, And I think the comments I made are far from unnecessary, only because
you think the same way about your car. I am just 5 months ahead of his mindset, and yours apparently.

If you drive a car you always risk damage. Covering it in plastic my reduce the risk, but won't do anything
if you park your car and someone backs into it and doesn't leave a note..

Its like children ; you can protect them from stumbling by holding their hand when they are small, but when
they grow up and have to face the ugly world alone, you can not protect them anymore. You have to accept
that otherwise you go insane of what might go wrong with your children. Some people sadly go insane
and kill their children to protect them from harm... .. insane.

You have to come to terms with the reality taht a car is a means of transport. The F-Type is a very enjoyable
means of transport, in many ways. But if you don't want it damaged, don't drive it.

All the other measures are to ease your mind, and will prevent some small mishaps, thats all.
scm

Post by scm »

I love it when someone gets offended on behalf of someone else. :)
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
PhilB

Post by PhilB »

Dan_Veluwe wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:09 am
PhilB wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:19 am Each to their own and without any unnecessary comments thanks
Well I made the same considerations, And I think the comments I made are far from unnecessary, only because
you think the same way about your car. I am just 5 months ahead of his mindset, and yours apparently.

If you drive a car you always risk damage. Covering it in plastic my reduce the risk, but won't do anything
if you park your car and someone backs into it and doesn't leave a note..

Its like children ; you can protect them from stumbling by holding their hand when they are small, but when
they grow up and have to face the ugly world alone, you can not protect them anymore. You have to accept
that otherwise you go insane of what might go wrong with your children. Some people sadly go insane
and kill their children to protect them from harm... .. insane.

You have to come to terms with the reality taht a car is a means of transport. The F-Type is a very enjoyable
means of transport, in many ways. But if you don't want it damaged, don't drive it.

All the other measures are to ease your mind, and will prevent some small mishaps, thats all.
All very true but I don't consider your original comments to the OP helpful or constructive.
(By the way it's not my car. It was another forum member's)

scm wrote: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:15 am I love it when someone gets offended on behalf of someone else. :)
You will have to forgive me but as the moderator on here if I see a post I think is not in keeping with the topic I will comment on it.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post