New owner! (Herts)

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

Hi everyone,

Very excited to be picking up a F-Type v6s convertible for my 30th birthday next week - I’ve wanted one since I hired a v8 convertible on holiday for a couple of days in Cape Town 3 years ago, and have been working towards it since! I was sold on the engine noise with that exhaust open, makes me a very happy man.

It’s an older car (2013) with just over 20,000 on the clock, but it’s in good condition and looks the nuts. I want to use it as a daily driver hence the v6. It’s got the performance seats in ivory which I was very keen to have, and the gunmetal wheels which are unusual as far as I can tell look fantastic irl

It’s replacing my first car (Hyundai Coupe Siii 2.0) so it’s a massive leap of an upgrade! Little bit worried about the transition so will be driving like a granny for a while.

I was wondering what people thought about warranties on the car- it’s 21k miles and Just turning 5 years old. Dealer has done the service and first mot before my pick up. They’re pushing to get the platinum 3 year from RAC (£1k) has anyone got any experience with this?

Also I’ll be getting it finished / detailed and ceramic, likely with cartech products. My dad had his Bentley GTC done and it’s always looked pristine with minimal effort - I want that!

Finally I’m in the Hertfordshire / Cambridgeshire area if anyone hails from that way re: meets etc

Cheers!

91F7E013-695F-4880-B3AC-8B150F019382.jpeg

Last edited by ftype88 on Sun May 27, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello and welcome

lovely example, thanks for posting the pictures ... enjoy your F Type :D
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Sweet!

You’re going to be grinning like an idiot now if you’re anything like I was - and still am!

Roof down when dry or warmer than -5
Sport, Dynamic, paddle shift and giggle 👍😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

and us Coupe owners .. just open the windows
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Hey welcome! We are often out in essex herts in pretty much your twin car, so if you want to meet up for a run out to see what she can do or to exchange notes, drop us a line. We are 3 years in and still absolutely in love - went to the coast yesterday and a cheeky run today out near ongar just to hear her roar :) Jess
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,

Glad to hear there's another F Type in Herts.

Maybe good to a breakfast club run to Gaydon on 1 of the first Saturdays each month?
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

Its a really boring drive to gaydon :) better roads out into north essex or down to brighton, but quite a few folks from here do go. Im more of a sunset driver than breakfast club :p
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

scharlton wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 4:35 pm Hi,

Glad to hear there's another F Type in Herts.

Maybe good to a breakfast club run to Gaydon on 1 of the first Saturdays each month?
Keen for the July - Cant go this time round as im picking up the car on Saturday which is the next meet (and my 30th!)
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

July is looking good for me, let's plan on travelling up in convoy, should make the journey more interesting, especially if we come back via Milton Keynes, there's some good cross country roads.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
BJagH

Post by BJagH »

Hi, the breakfast club meet in July is not happening at Gaydon. There is a special one taking place at Jaguar Cllassic works but you need to book in advance. Details are on the website.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post