First Impressions

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

Had my soft top V6 (2016) for just over a week now and still smiling. Slight problem on collection despite the 5000 point pre-something inspection having been signed off, when the sat nav didn’t work and needed to be rebooted. Nervous drive out of the dealer then up to the first roundabout and stalled. Except it was the infamous stop start, which in the moment of extreme stress I managed to remember to press to deactivate. Never seen so many lunatic drivers as on the way home that day – there must have been a conference they were all going to and it was somewhere along my route.

Have had a few trips in the sunshine from home and now remembering to hit stop start as part of the start-up routine, which includes lowering the hood (that may confuse any US readers). The car doesn’t seem to rev as much when re-starting on this system as when starting on the proper start button. I’m not sure which clever marketing person thought we would like to waken all our neighbours every time we get ready to leave the house – they are already pretty pissed that someone – not them – has a smart new car. And I don’t understand the engineering logic in revving a cold engine on first start. If any Jaguar people read this post, I would be interested to hear.

But that aside, I love the Jekyll and Hyde personality of the car – quietly murmuring along in Drive like a lady, push the right buttons and at 4000 revs the car really sounds like she’s beginning to enjoy herself. (Apologies for anthropomorphising my car and being gender specific, but it’s too ingrained to change now). Being a dark blue colour – I think called Loire Blue, although if a river is required to qualify Jaguar’s colours, I would have chosen Danube Blue or even better Mississippi Blue – she projects a discreet and sophisticated personality, quietly taking her turn in the traffic, but although you would never guess it, underneath, she may have no knickers on………….

Crickettxx

Post by Crickettxx »

A very apt analysis and an accurate description of my first few minutes driving my car home a couple of weeks ago. I agree, the dark sapphire blue (now loire blue) is stunning... especially in the sun. Combine the soft top with the package, and it's all smiles from there. I have naturally taken to calling my pride and joy a "she"... but the family gives each of the cars we have owned a name, and have taken to calling her Norman. Go figure.

I too have been annoying the neighbours with starting up in the morning (I head to work at about 6:15 AM... sorry folks). I don't know why the throttle would be set so high on a cold start myself (although it does sound lovely to me). There are not many of these great cars on the road over here in NZ, so I do draw a number of stares (which can be unnerving at times). My Canadian manners make me "almost" want to say sorry as I pass... almost.

I would love to see a picture of the new addition. Hope you continue to have many sunny days of enjoyment!
MY2015 Dark Sapphire V6 S Convertible
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

yep .. we need pictures :D

also Hello from the UK ....
Jaguandy

Post by Jaguandy »

When I start the thing at 06:30 most mornings I put it into reverse as soon as it starts. This pulls the revs down for quietness. I hope this isn't harmful?
F-Type R Coupe Firenze (Italian Racing Red) AWD MY16
chicb

Post by chicb »

That's what I do. Slip it quickly into gear & the revs drop straight away ;)
F type convertible, (gone)
Range Rover Sport,
S63 AMG Coupe Mercedes
Porsche 911 (992) Carrera 4S
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

chicb wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:24 pm That's what I do. Slip it quickly into gear & the revs drop straight away ;)
Hello

yes what I do as well ...
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

There is a remote control from a co that enables u to start the car with valves closed with no difference except sound
I will be adding this when i have time
JurassicF

Post by JurassicF »

I always wait until the revs drop to a tickover level before selecting gear. Otherwise it seems to really jolt into gear. Not sure if that's great for the transmission!
Luckily mine is parked in a well insulated garage.
F-Type V6S convertible MY16
Glacier Pearlescent White
Red soft top
Red electric and heated sports seats
Black dash and door cards
Red belts
Flat bottom heated wheel
daytona650

Post by daytona650 »

JurassicF wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:21 am I always wait until the revs drop to a tickover level before selecting gear. Otherwise it seems to really jolt into gear. Not sure if that's great for the transmission!
Luckily mine is parked in a well insulated garage.
Ditto - i always worry the oil in the transmission needs a little time to move around and begin warming.
2013 V6S Convertible - Salsa Red, Performance Seats, 20" Wheels, Climate Pack.
OAP123

Post by OAP123 »

Testing Dutch photo uploading instructions

Carpic.jpg

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post