New SVR North East

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
gasgas

Post by gasgas »

why not just buy a Porsche and not have to worry about the warranty on your new car??

Brava

Post by Brava »

Timbo wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:11 pm I wouldn't fit the crank pulley if i was you, with the supercharger pulley the supercharger is pretty much maxed out.
Fitting the crank pulley will over spin it, filters do bugger all even an induction does nearly bugger all as tested by people on other forums.
A bigger charge cooler over here is pretty much a waste of time especially up t'north, if you lived in america i'd understand but it doesn't really get hot enough over here.
Just my 2 penneth worth.
Hi Timbo,

I see you have the VAP tune and pulley, how is it so far? Any issues running it or at the installation? About to get the kit for myself, very good reputation across the pond, but not sure how it goes on EU specification cars.

Thanks
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi,
Speaking only for myself with an R and only 550 BHP, I would recommend spending some time to get used to your car, it’s pretty quick already. Then, maybe do some driving experiences and training in it.
I’ve looked at all the tuning options and could quite easily be tempted but then if I go out on the roads and try to rag my car, the straights soon become very short and the corners very tight.
I recently did a training day where they had me turning 90 degrees left at 70mph to induce slides and work on controlling them. This really showed my lack of skill and certainly showed me, if I want to go faster, I need training, more than the car needs more BHP.
By all means go the tuning route but it’ll only make you quicker on paper. Having said all that, I’d still be interested to sit in the passenger seat and experience the difference.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
Brava

Post by Brava »

Well, I am in a lowly 380 BHP car, and the tune will likely put me at 450 at most, which is still far from what you’re talking about
scharlton

Post by scharlton »

Hi Brava,

Sorry, my post was in reply to SVR North East, not intended as a reply to your post.
2014 Coupe 5.0R RWD
White
Herts
hamalmulhe

Post by hamalmulhe »

SVRPower wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:56 pm Hi Guys,

New F-type SVR arrived with me last week so I wanted to say Hi :D :D :D :D

Car is going in for Paint Correction and fully ceramic coating for 3 days at end of week.

I've just clocked it over 600 miles but once its done its 1000 miles I am considering the below Modifications anybody else around gone down this route or have any better options for me......I would greatly appreciate any advice

See below for what im thinking :?: :?: :?:

As discussed, please see below a break down below on what is involved in the kit, and the costings etc.

High performance air filters- These high performance air filters will help the car to breathe better. They are designed to increase horsepower and rate of acceleration and are able to be cleaned and re-used.
Upper supercharger pulley- This, smaller than stock, supercharger pulley will spin your Eaton supercharger faster, giving you improved throttle response and midrange power. This differs to other supercharger pulleys available on the market by being made of high grade stainless steel and does not require any belt changes.
Lower supercharger crank kit- This, larger than stock, lower crank kit comes with all relevant belts and fixings. This works brilliantly in tandem with the upper pulley, by spinning the Eaton supercharger even faster, aiding spool and increasing performance further. Please note that the lower crank kit shouldn’t be fitted on its own. Due to the increased air flow this produces, our custom ECU software is required to match fuelling and the chargecooler is required to aid cooling.
Uprated chargecooler- This unit is 33% thicker than the stock chargecooler. When we were doing our research and development for this kit, we found that 33% thicker than stock was optimum. Any thicker and the liquids in the intercooler lose their viscosity and performance is lost. This aids the car keep cool and is NEEDED when changing both pulleys.
Custom ECU remap- A custom, hand written map is produced for every single car that undertakes this transformation. Developed in-house, on our 3000 BHP dyno, this map is unavailable to any customers that aren’t having the full VIP conversion. We take into account all the modifications on the car when writing the map, and bring the whole package together. The remap has been described as “not subtle” and gives massively increased throttle response and mid-range power.
Custom sports cats- Handmade 200 cell sports cats that will increase throttle response, mid-range power and add volume and tone to the exhaust note.

The only piece of this I forgot to mention on the phone is the sports cats. They are very important in getting over the 650 BHP figure. The price of this kit is £6,822 and includes VAT, parts and labour.

I presume that you have seen this but on the off chance that you haven’t, here is the video of the car that had this exact kit fitted.
HI there,

Awesome Mods. I really like your setup but I am mostly interested in the larger charge cooler. What brand is it? Where can I get it from? and can it be shipped to Saudi Arabia? I really need this mod since the temps here go up to 50 celsius.
nurgle

Post by nurgle »

I must admit I'm with scharlton on this. Invest your nearly £7000 in some (lots of!) track time and 1:1 professional driving instruction. Much more fun, great experience! Set a realistic but highly challenging time to beat on your chosen track (single or average say over 3 laps). Once you have beaten this time then you might consider the upgrades. You may well find you'd never want to go beyond what you already have given reaching the time should be pretty close the the edge (on the realitve safety of a track)!

I did this in my old XKR when I got the "upgrade itch" and realised I'd never make use of them. (Though the trying to hit the time was fantastic fun and a much better use of the money!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post