New member - Late 2017 F-Type

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
no compromise

Post by no compromise »

As a recent convert from a C63S Merc to a 2017 Jag F-Type-R coupe I can say that at this early stage I am impressed, albeit the Merc did offer much more tech savvy equipment as standard. One thing I struggle with is not having an oil dip stick as I find the electronic version not reliable and slow to use.

Do forum members have any comments on engaging Dynamic I for everyday driving?

There have been a lot of comments/advise on tyre choice. I have a tyre expert on tap who can suggest other alternatives to the Michelin and Pirelli's, a lot cheaper and better composition, wear and handling, but what would Jag say if I opted out of their suggested/recommended brands?

My other vehicle is a Nissan GT-R- 35 a whole different world of driving at 675 brake horsepower.....

Crickettxx

Post by Crickettxx »

Welcome! Pics please :)

I do engage dynamic whilst driving out of town (brings the driving experience up a few notches). However, I tend to keep it sedate while in town. Throwing it into sport mode is about all I need if on the drive home from work! But that is just me.

Any options around tire options would be welcome. Out here in NZ, tires cost a small fortune, and better priced/better performing options are always nice to know about.

Oh, and my other vehicle is a Peugeot 208 Gti, fun to drive, but, you get the picture.... ha!
MY2015 Dark Sapphire V6 S Convertible
no compromise

Post by no compromise »

Thx, will update with Pix and tyre options when I get back to NZ.
Tel

Post by Tel »

no compromise wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am As a recent convert from a C63S Merc to a 2017 Jag F-Type-R coupe I can say that at this early stage I am impressed, albeit the Merc did offer much more tech savvy equipment as standard. One thing I struggle with is not having an oil dip stick as I find the electronic version not reliable and slow to use.
Not sure how you come to this conclusion...Ours has been reliable for over three years.
no compromise wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am Do forum members have any comments on engaging Dynamic I for everyday driving?
You get in, engage Dynamic mode and as long as you have the shocks set for lower rate (i.e NOT dynamic) damping, then you are g2g. Mine stays in Dynamic mode from startup....unless I need to be stealthy.
no compromise wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am There have been a lot of comments/advise on tyre choice. I have a tyre expert on tap who can suggest other alternatives to the Michelin and Pirelli's, a lot cheaper and better composition, wear and handling, but what would Jag say if I opted out of their suggested/recommended brands?
They are not really interested. So far as to say, many F-Type P-0's are stamped up Aston Martin from factory. Their oil for example; ''Must use Castrol Edge Pro Titanium to JLR STR''....blah, blah....and now they service them with Mobil 1 to JLR blahdy, blah. It's poppycock IMO.
I'd also be interested to hear what you expert says regarding alternatives...The US forums have pretty much done the tyre thing to death and concluded that Mich PSC 4's are the way forward.
no compromise wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:44 am My other vehicle is a Nissan GT-R- 35 a whole different world of driving at 675 brake horsepower.....
Nice car - Sat in one at the weekend. Love the new shape, interior is finally up to Germanic spec!....just a shame there's no sunroof or a convertible option!

YMMV...Tel
2016MY V8R IRR
ITG Maxogen Cold air intake kit
Billet OBD lock
Forged lightweight Blades
Full custom Xpel Ultimate PPF wrap
Piano Black badges
17mm MST Hubcentrics
Smarttop remote
Black exhaust tips
Porterfield RS-4 Carbon Kevlar pads
Mich PS4S's
+ more 💩
no compromise

Post by no compromise »

Thanks well received comments will post on tyres etc. What k’s can I expect from the factory fitted Pirelli’s?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post