new f-type 3.0 owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Corne.
Well, if that is the exact selection of extra's you wanted... Did you get a heated front window ? Thats one reason I did not by a used V6.
Also no DAB around.. And in the new model the seat go back 4cm more, exactly what is failing in tehe pre 2017 models..

Its just what has priority 4U..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

corne

Post by corne »

I was doubting about the seats.
I am 1.90 meter tall but thats not a problem at all.
The upgraded model has the new infotainment and lighter chairs but with the V6 not in my budget.
The heated frontwindow, actually I dónt know.
I drive only on Sunny days pure for fun!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I recently drove the SVR from the importer at an event with my dealer. Actually I do not sit any worse as to fit my head under the roof I need to recline the backrest slightly, this takes away the extra 4cm.. I'm 1.975m and shrinking due to age.. So in 3 years I can sit up straight.. :lol:

The heated front window, I guess was available in the used V6's . But no DAB and the FM/AM will stop most likely mid 2019.. But there are retrofit options that you feed to the aux, so no real bother there too.

The new infotainment is a story apart. Should come with WiFi and 10Gb media storage.. ..at least thats what the dedicated site on the
'in control touch pro' infotainment said. That turned out to be wrong. Some idiot decided to take the WiFi hotspot out [ NL/UK] to safe some pennies , must have been a saving of € 15 at most, not counting they had to make a special antenna and cables as these are definitely not suitable for the hotspot version..

And the new infotainmant, its slow too.. I don't drive the FT it all the time, and I'm thinking of storing it for winter as I have a Discovery [2006] as well. I bought it as a common hobby with my son, who will get it for his 25th birthday I guess [ 7 years, he'll be 18 in november ]. We go on short trips abroad and next year a monster tour through the alps and pyrinees after he graduates.. .. I'll hope to be 65 when he's 25 and my back problems will not heal I guess. My son did the configuration and I added front PDC and rear camera as adviced by the salesman, the front heated window is an investment for my son, as he will drive it as a daily driver by the time he finishes university.

For me the V6 is also a financial 'no-no' to buy new. But I wanted the 3 years guarantee, maintenance and assistance, this pushed me to buy new. Also I'm afraid they'll soon change roadtax from weight to CO2 output, as for my D3 the roadtax goes up with 15% as it doesn't have a DPF, then the CO2 output for the V6 is way higher then for the P300.. I considered an I-Pace first, but I'm not convinced hotels will have enough charging points soon enough , and I wanted to have ICE sound also..
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
corne

Post by corne »

I did some modifiing last weeks.
The lighter pulley and airfilter and ecu are a fact but unfortunately, because of the high temperatures in Holland this summer, we haven't tune the car on the dyno.

Last weekend I won a circuitsession from petrolheads.com for the circuit Zolder in Belgium.
Despite the high temperature, I decided to drive and it was real fun.
The car had enough grip and the power was more than enough.
Only the standard brakes are not a succes despite of brembo GT and ebc yellow stuff brakepads.

Overall the f-type stood up between the german and italian rivals.
So a brakeupgrade will be the next wish….

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post