New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
NigelW

Post by NigelW »

I have owned my 2015 V6 base conv for 3 years now, just turned 25K on the odometer.
I have a ECU tune + crank pulley which have been running since around 11K.
It's mostly a weekender road-trip car for my wife and me, but I do track the car a few times a year.
I am thinking of purchasing some lowering sport springs next, which is one of the reasons I have joined this forum. I have been a member of another Jaguar centric site for a couple of years, but just like to "research" a bit.
I have other older roadsters as well, all of which don't get driven far from home.
I look forward to reading about what you all have been up to with your F-Types.

Thanks.

corne

Post by corne »

Hi Nigel, I all so want to change the pulley , ECU and airfilter at the 3.0 V6.
How is your experience so far?
I am still in the waranty period untill Januari 2019, so I might wait a few months before installing.

Greetings

Corne
NigelW

Post by NigelW »

corne wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:49 pm Hi Nigel, I all so want to change the pulley , ECU and airfilter at the 3.0 V6.
How is your experience so far?
I am still in the waranty period untill Januari 2019, so I might wait a few months before installing.

Greetings

Corne
My experience has been great. The base 340 just feels as if it is being held back and the tune releases its true nature. The throttle response is much sharper, and the torque just seems to pop at a point lower in the RPM. I started with the ECU tune first, had that for about two weeks waiting for the pulley to arrive. The tune alone had a great impact, however adding the pulley was a thrill. It took some time to get use to the new throttle mapping but now I can't imagine living with the stock tune. This is reinforced each time I take to the dealer for maintenance; I return it to OEM tune prior.

I too was a little apprehensive in regards to the warranty, having spend that much money on the car. However, irrationality prevailed and I have no regrets. Of course I say that having had not a single issue with the car even with 13K miles driven since installed. Note, I don't drive like a old fogey either :D

You should wait as long as you need to feel comfortable with your decision. It's a wonderful car no matter the configuration. Enjoy it.

Hope that is helpful.
corne

Post by corne »

thanks Nigel for your comment. makes me more confident now!

greetings Corne
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

@Corne.
How has your 'harvest' been sofar ? I collected one on the A12 heading west UNDER the gantry where it starts with "130" ...

Asked to promptly pay € 144- to the state coffers..

I already found the V6 'standard' a potential 'license terminator' , as it only takes seconds to go from 130 --> 180 .. byebye license..

A12 GEEN KENTEKEN.jpg

Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
corne

Post by corne »

bad luck Dan
Some weekendtrips to our eastern neighbours is the only solution.
Great fun driving in Sauerland or Eifel also to avoid the irritating speedbumps from Holland!

My harvest till now "0"
maybe idea to have a meet and greet for Benelux drivers!
Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

I am actually going next week with my son to the Nordschleife, one round with Dale Lomas in the RJX575...
He's got the project 8 there, but its only a two seater due to the cage in the rear..

My experiences with Germany are not so good. They put a camera behind every "50" sign and I alwys forget to slow down to 70 at a
crossing : I tend to look if there's anybody coming and only slow down if anybody near.. .. not such a cheap choise..

I try to meet up with a German member from the US-forum, he is located near Bonn. But there are a number of belgians, germans and
dutch around. Maybe an idea to do in summer ? The other forum has a interactive map where you can place a marker , so its more easy
to see who's where...
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post