"New" V8 R owner -

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
basher

Post by basher »

Lunar wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:07 am So it's just me that read "I'm 27..." and though blimey! :lol:
No. Not just you. I chose to hide my jealousy! :lol:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁

nurgle

Post by nurgle »

I had an XK8 convertible at 26......which I used to park in the Consultants part of the hospital car park because no one questioned it when parked there!
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Welcome and tastefully personalised ...

Not usually a fan of silver but the combo as presented really works well althought I may have chosen a unique calliper colour (not red!!!) to avoid the ‘are those ceramics’ questions ...

The SVR spoiler .. is it functional or have you simply disabled the OEM flap?

Do you mind if I ask how do you find it for fuel in the real world as its a daily driver?

Regards, Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
scm

Post by scm »

I find my V8R AWD is more economical(!) than my previous 2010 XKR, which kinda surprised me as I've been enjoying the extra performance (legally, of course!). My overall from 5 years of 5.0 XKR was 14.99 mpg (yeah, I'm sad enough to log every tank!), and so far in three months the F-Type has averaged 18.81mpg. Even on short journeys it gives high teens to low 20s, whereas the XKR would be low to mid teens for similar usage. So I can put my hand on my heart and say I went from my XKR for a smaller, more frugal car. :D
Last edited by scm on Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY18 F-Type V8 R AWD in Glacier White
Lots of leather and toys, and loads of noise!
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Post by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX »

Mrspoon wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:58 am Don't wrap the car for god sake, you'll never get insured without paying a fortune, As I'm now finding out......
Hi.
If you need any help with insurance at all for a wrap then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
ftype88

Post by ftype88 »

nurgle wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:44 pm I had an XK8 convertible at 26......which I used to park in the Consultants part of the hospital car park because no one questioned it when parked there!
I work in hospital have done this once with my f-type :D A few weeks ago I parked next to one of the probably last beautiful XKR convertibles to roll off the line, with a numberplate ending 'NOF' (neck of femur) - clearly paid for with private hip replacements!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post