new member - but no car - yet

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

Hello All

just joined but don't yet have an F Type.

i'm thinking very hard and am close to making a decision to buy an F Type.

previously i've been a Porsche owner, and had the huge misfortune to have had a 911 997.1 car which had the dreaded bore score, meaning the need for a full engine rebuild. Looking at 10k to do that i was much relieved when the supplying dealer agreed to take it back and give a full refund.

So, F Type is quite new to me. i have a budget up to 40k. After the Porker catastrophe i'm looking to buy via a Jag dealer.
I want auto and i want switchable exhaust. I've seen a 380ps with 17500 miles on a 13 plate and going to take a test drive this weekend.

So question to you experienced folk. What are the things to be aware of and look out for.
Do F Types have any known failings to be wise to?
I count myself lucky to have got out the 911 fiasco so unscathed and don't want to make a similar mistake again.

Fez

Post by Fez »

Look at panel alignment especially passenger door. Get them to put car on lift and look at rear subframe. (Pictures in recent posts). Check service history has no gaps and all is correct. The alloys, paint and all buttons work etc. You will love the car.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1794

is there a problem then with sub Frames?
Fez

Post by Fez »

No they just rust, but not a problem if look after. Look at post to get an idea of what to look at.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1794

Fez,
thanks for your time, can you direct me to the correct post, struggling to find it, plus i'm in a really bad location where data speed seems to be something not yet invented!
Fez

Post by Fez »

Search under active topics, rust rear cross beam is the heading currently 7 post from the top.
Black AWD 400, sport
MY 18.5
Pan Roof
Heated front screen
Front parking sensors
Full spare
Deleted User 1794

Thanks
vika01

Post by vika01 »

SeagullFan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:55 pm Hello All

just joined but don't yet have an F Type.

i'm thinking very hard and am close to making a decision to buy an F Type.

previously i've been a Porsche owner, and had the huge misfortune to have had a 911 997.1 car which had the dreaded bore score, meaning the need for a full engine rebuild. Looking at 10k to do that i was much relieved when the supplying dealer agreed to take it back and give a full refund.

So, F Type is quite new to me. i have a budget up to 40k. After the Porker catastrophe i'm looking to buy via a Jag dealer.
I want auto and i want switchable exhaust. I've seen a 380ps with 17500 miles on a 13 plate and going to take a test drive this weekend.

So question to you experienced folk. What are the things to be aware of and look out for.
Do F Types have any known failings to be wise to?
I count myself lucky to have got out the 911 fiasco so unscathed and don't want to make a similar mistake again.
Look for the alignment near the front tires. Many F-type’s have a huge issue with this. As shown in this link:
https://ibb.co/gMAHp8
2016 F-type R AWD coupe. Italian Racing Red.
2012 XJ 3.0 diesel. Polaris White.
Deleted User 1794

Thanks Vila, what causes that, surely can't be how it was originally built?
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

SeagullFan wrote: Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:26 pm is there a problem then with sub Frames?
Hello welcome to the forum

Just for info my F Type Coupe is a year old (2018 model) just had its 1st service

I have had not one single issue with the car .. rear subframe like new, but this is easy to look after and protect long term

regards

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post