New owner of a 5.0 AWD R Coupe - SE London

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

Hi Guys,

Just bought my Coupe last week from a nice accountant in Northampton, ..was going to buy one of these last year when I sold a R8, bought a 750 hp RS6 instead, then a GTR which didn't stay very long and now the R Coupe. I had it remapped this week by a well known firm in Southampton. Apparently it should be pushing approx 650HP now. It certainly feels faster than the GTR and as quick as the RS6... It certainly has some get up and go post the remap, so am happy with all aspects of this beast now.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Sold. 5.0 AWD R - Glacier - Stage II

Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

650?? From just a remap is unlikely....it wld need both pulleys and uprated intercooler and plugs and a map to hit that figure
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

It has their Stage II which is more than map ;) , intercooler was not changed however.
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

I bet your insurance has leapt up hasn't it?
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

lol. I guess it will but 3 months left on policythey asked for £74 including admin fee
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

Well that output wld require both pulleys and a map and colder plugs and if u havnt looked at ait then that is a ticking bomb
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Congrats on your purchase, and an interesting history of AWD beasts you enjoyed ... RS6 is an itch Ive often thought about itching, why such a short ownership may I ask?

You might wish to reach out to Timbo on here as he is also pushing around 650 from his V8 Coupe so may often some advise/comfort regarding the ‘ticking bomb’ thoughts ...

Enjoy your F-type ...

Rgds Paul
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

Thanks for the welcome Paul. The Rs6 was a great car, but did £20 petrol every 30 min blast. :)

It felt a bit big and nose heavy on the twisties... I do miss it a bit tbh and should have kept it longer, it had over 1000nm torque, and would make you feel sick when accelerating.

Gasman, are you the "tuning expert" individual on here ?
If so then does getting additional 70-100 crank hp cause blown engines on the 5.0 ? I think the AWD version puts the power down really well and the 5.0 unit is a sturdy lump so am a little surprised. If so then i am still happy with the lesser power you are telling me that my car has. It certainly gets to 60 in a few seconds now 😎
5.0 RWD R - Polaris
Gasman2

Post by Gasman2 »

No not an expert but the boost required to hit 650 drastically increases the ait and the standard intercooler will struggle to control them
To hit 650 and i mean a real 650 its widely accepted by the likes of paramount and velocity ap that ait can be an issue and it cannot be achieved by just an upper pulley and a remap
A upoer pulley remap and sports cats will get around 620bhp..to obtain 650 the lower pulley will be needed and this means a large overall boost increase
Without additional cooling either by a larger intercooler or water injection your ait temps will be way too high meaning the ecu will dump fuel and pull timing
Jatboy

Post by Jatboy »

I am now curious what kind of power my R is packing...Might have to get it on a Rolling road in the near future
5.0 RWD R - Polaris

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post