Just bought an F Type S Convertible

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

This is my 2nd Jag. The 1st being an S Type many years ago - great car with the 2.7 V6 diesel
I've fancied one for some time & started looking a few weeks ago. I saw a beautiful Firesand in the local dealer - a manual, which I liked the idea of, the vast majority being auto of course.
Took it for a test drive - I could not find the damned gears when changing down! Accelerator was like a hair spring & the clutch felt like a commercial vehicle - decided against it & to stick to auto.
Saw the F Type S in a non-franchised dealer in Ultimate Black, 3 years older than the manual but had a look and took it for a drive.
A beautiful sunny afternoon with the top down, a lovely, smooth quiet drive. Then the Salesman put it in Dynamic - hells teeth, what a hooligan!
It howls, spits, snarls and dares you to put your foot down harder! Even just pressing the loud button makes it sound evil - how could I not buy it?
It's done more miles than I would like, 52K but all seems ok & still tight.
Had a breeze around North Yorkshire following my daughter & Son-in-Law in their Porsche Boxster enjoying one of our many sunny days - life is good!
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:

Lunar

Post by Lunar »

You’ve got yourself a nice car - enjoy the 2 sides to it’s nature - but mainly the growly one :D
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
Deleted User 1794

Post by Deleted User 1794 »

Great stuff, hope you really enjoy your new car.
Boostfan

Post by Boostfan »

Just a reminder Bogrotter, its illegal to make posts about your new car without pictures ;)
White MK3 Focus RS.
Bogrotter

Post by Bogrotter »

Sorry, must try harder.
Haven't taken any photo's yet but will post some when available.
Thanks
Strewth - it's got a loud button :shock:
Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Without photos its not real :)
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post