Pick Up My 400 Sport Tomorrow

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Orpington_Shark

Post by Orpington_Shark »

So I bought my first Jaguar two years ago (brand new XE R-Sport 2 litre petrol, built to my spec) and I loved it. I wasn't impressed with the service from the dealership (JLR Beadles Sidcup), but the car made up for all the issues I had. Nothing wrong with the XE, looks great, drives well, good fuel economy and very comfortable.

Both services (and a few minor teething issues) taken care off by JLR Harwoods in Croydon. and the customer service given from them has been first class. So as I got an email from Harwoods offering some fantastic offers, I thought I would have a look on the website and see if I could 'live the dream' and buy an F Type. They had a good selection, and first I was tempted by a white R-Dynamic. But then I saw a black 400 Sport and it was love at first sight. Just over a year old and with just over a thousand miles on the clock. So I popped along to the showroom and did the deal and pick it up tomorrow.

The car looks stunning, drives like a dream and the music that comes out the exhaust is just amazing. My family, friends and colleagues have all been shown the photo and cant wait to see it in the flesh.

So my question to all you other owners is anything I need to know or any tips before driving off the forecourt tomorrow?

Thanks

Senninha

Post by Senninha »

Look left and right and take it easy on the loud pedal ;)

Enjoy yourself ...
Storm Grey V6 coupe, fun, fast, popping and crackling with smiles all the way ... missed more than I expected!
1998 NSX 3.2 Targa manual
C43 AMG estate, lots of toys, like the F-Type but with 4 seats and far more stealthy but still with pops and crackles!
Orpington_Shark

:lol: That's the thing, never driven anything so expensive and I terrified I am going to kerb it or worse.
Deleted User 1088

Post by Deleted User 1088 »

Hello

good luck with your purchase .. watch out for speed cameras ad mobile speed traps :D
mickjaguar

Post by mickjaguar »

You'll find all of the controls to be exactly the same as your XE, so it'll all be very familiar.

The only thing I can think of that's a bit different is to watch the ground clearance as the nose is quite long and can scrape on unusually steep ramps and road cambers (traffic bumps are OK, but best approached slowly). Multi storey car parks are only for the very brave :lol:

Did you say you had photo's..................................we love to see photo's.
2019 SVR Coupe, Velocity Blue
Previous 2015 V6 340 Coupe IRR
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

I did exactly the same, coming from an XE 200 that was great.
Over a year later I still can’t stop smiling when I prod the start button!
Just enjoy pootling along with the exhaust open until you until you get to know it well.
Enjoy 😎
MY14 "S" badged V6 Convertible in Lunar Grey metallic
Performance seats, Meridian, heated flat bottom wheel with aluminium paddles, heated front screen, cruise, dual zone climate, switchable active exhaust
basher

Post by basher »

400 Sport. Very good choice. :mrgreen:

1yr old with 1000 miles. Pretty similar to my purchase last month.

You'll love it. And so will your neighbours. And your workmates. Be prepared for lots of admiring glances! 😉
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
corne

Post by corne »

wow, great choice, have seen one in black at dealer in Utrecht , Holland.
In black it looks amazing.

congratulations!
Orpington_Shark

Thanks all for your comments. I suppose the one thing reading this forum that does concern me are speed bumps and the accidental deployment of the pedestrian airbag. Living in South London I have to go over these horrible things daily. I may have to adjust my route.

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6704.JPG

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I wouldn't worry about it. I have to go over at least 10 everyday in my 400 sport for the past 9 months. (Not at the minute as Im off the road).

Just take them at 10mph or less. The pedestrian safety system as its know, is only active from approximately 12mph to 31mph.
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black, pano roof and thats about it 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post