Black Mamba

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

Hi Everyone

Proud new F-type owner here; I've had my 400 sport for about 3 weeks now after obsessing over f types since 2014 on autotrader. Loving every second of it. My commute to work is 5 minutes but I always somehow go on a 45 minute drive on the way home. Mine is a RWD coupe as below. I have named it Black Mamba for the purposes of incontrol remote.

Interestingly, I saw five F types in total yesterday out and about. found it really odd to see so many in one day, but everyone seems to appreciate each other on the roads and lots of friendly waves. I noticed how no two were the same - silver 380 coupe, silver 380 convertible, red 550, white 340 convertible, and a black 340!

Paintwork was appalling when i test drove it, marginally better on collection but I asked them to stay away from it as I had decided to take it in to Midlands Car Care for a full detail. The swirl marks were really bad on the bonnet in particular, and the body was dull, cloudy and kind of grey in areas. I left it with Russ @ MCC for 3 days and collected a few days ago. Whilst it has rained and I've taken it for a couple of drives since, I thought I'd take some snaps in the sun this afternoon and show off the paint a bit too. I have some before/after closeups on my other phone which I will post later, for anyone in the midlands thinking about taking it in to them. They did a really good job. I had a 2-stage polish all over and Gyeon duraflex coating, with other gyeon products on the matt areas (wheels, sills, splitter, bonnet louvres) and gyeon on the interior and glass. 10 minutes late for work this morning as i stood on my drive playing with the water droplets on my roof.

Anyway here are some snaps!

Good times.

simpleR

Post by simpleR »

Same as mine!

Very nice. I looked at Midland for detailing work but a mix of 1 and 5 star reviews on Google put me off.

I chose someone else who let down and cancelled so picked another one who guess what.... yes let me down. Would be interestes in your review of Midland and costs if you've been there already?
400 Sport AWD - MY18 - Black
KV7785

Post by KV7785 »

simpleR wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:56 pm Same as mine!

Very nice. I looked at Midland for detailing work but a mix of 1 and 5 star reviews on Google put me off.

I chose someone else who let down and cancelled so picked another one who guess what.... yes let me down. Would be interestes in your review of Midland and costs if you've been there already?

He's really good. comes across very knowledgeable and also clearly passionate about what he does. He sent pictures throughout the process and kept me updated, and was always up front about how it was going. It did take an extra day in the end as the swirls were a bit worse than first thought. Also goes the extra mile, for instance he wasn't able to fit my new splitter as his ramp was out of order until today, but he's coated the new one for me for when it does eventually go on, and told me to bring it back in when im ready.

Great price as well, £350 for everything. Its the first time i've ever had a car detailed so im not sure how he compares to the others, but this other smart car place said they'd do the same thing with Gtechniq products for £475 and i could pick it up the same day! not sure how that works as the stuff is meant to cure before you drive it. I would definitely reccomend as my experience was a positive one. and the car is almost a different colour now.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

I've been quoted for between 2 and 3 days at between £350 and £500 depending on products used as the 3 people I got quotes from had differing opinions on products and time required to get rid of my swirls. Seems reasonable then.
basher

Post by basher »

Welcome Black Mamba... from a fellow 400 owner.

I also had mine detailed soon after collection @ Auto Curators near Fleet, Hampshire. Would highly recommend them.

And like you, I seem to extend my commute home every day just so I get to spend a little more time behind the wheel. :mrgreen:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Kerfuffle

Post by Kerfuffle »

Welcome!
It's reassuring to know that I am not the only one who takes the long route home from work!
I have to admit that, during my 3 weeks of ownership, I even get excited about getting up in the morning to drive to work :lol: :lol: :lol:
basher

Post by basher »

Kerfuffle wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:24 pm Welcome!
...I even get excited about getting up in the morning to drive to work :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yep. That too. :mrgreen:
Rhodium silver F-Type 400 Sport AWD coupe.

PB Brakes big brake kit: drilled & slotted rotors, big yellow calipers. 😁
Jas2270

Post by Jas2270 »

I've been speaking with Barry from Autodetox in Cannock regarding detailing of my new F Type due in September and he's come highly recommended and after speaking with him on the phone, he comes across extremely professional and helpful. He also mentioned that I shouldn't get the car PDI by the dealers as this causing more correction work for him to do.
simpleR

Post by simpleR »

After some consideration I have gone with this company. Booked for 10th September.

http://www.waxonwaxoff.uk.com

https://m.facebook.com/waxon.waxoff.7/?fref=ts

Seems a very knowledgeable person, all the kit, all the options available and looks after quite a lot of a nice cars if you scroll through the facebook page. Fingers crossed. Third time lucky!
AdrianL

Post by AdrianL »

Welcome Black Mamba, great looking car enjoy it . @basher im from Fleet dont see many F types round here I saw a nice white 400 a couple of weeks okay , sounding and looking amazing .
2019MY i4

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post