Potential new owner

New to the F-Type Forum? Please introduce yourself here
Munkeyfeet

Post by Munkeyfeet »

Hi everyone,

I am currently driving a 2017 exige 350 but recently feel the need to scratch the f-type itch.

I am looking at a R AWD and was wondering what key options I should be getting and if there was anything I need to avoid - colour/options etc

Lastly how do these cars perform on track days. I enjoy goodwood, brands and Silverstone so hoping they can cope with track demands without costing a small fortune!

Thanks in advance for you help.

Alastair

Dan_Veluwe

Post by Dan_Veluwe »

Hi Alastair,

Welcome on the forum.

I keep far from tracks as my insurance doesn't cover it and I can not run the risk of damage. If you are interested in this kind of info I think
you better go and find an F-Type driver on a trackday and get it first hand. For key options , for me the front window heater was a reason
to buy new as no used car had it. But I drive a humble P300 and can not say anything on the settings of suspension and so on, available
as an option. Also the DAB+ was unknown in used cars. But on a trackday these options would not interest you... :ugeek:

Good luck with finding an F-Type !

Dan
Range Rover P400e autobiography Loire Blue (2019) :P
Mazda__MX30_RED___2021_ BEV
FT jag _P300 _Ultra Bleu, 2018 ___________SOLD :(
D5 lr__SD4__Corris Grey, Blck roof, 2018_SOLD :roll:
FP Jag – 25t _Loire Blue ,2020 ____________SOLD :|
ajbh

Post by ajbh »

If you live near a city or might one day sell to people who do, rear camera is a strong option contender. Parking in tight spaces is entertaining without it. Pano roof makes for a much nicer place to be (its suprisingly small in the cabin without). Memory seats have way more adjustment, I wish I had them.

Also double check for weird missing things you might never expect ARE an option. Depending on model basic things like sat nav, cruise control, cd player, dipping mirrors, electric seats and some bits of cabin storage can all be optional 😤 I'm not aware of any 'bad' colours inside or out though and honestly even the folks I've met missing those things still love the car, I'm 3 years in, currently mine is in the garage due to a roof problem (convertible) and I'm -still- happy I bought it!

Re track I don't track the f as like Dan I'd live in fear of facing an epic bill, but we have been to some driver skill days which include cone circuit laps ( one at a time = the only muppet you have to watch out for is yourself) and our v6s did very respectably and has yet to throw any kind of wobbly about spirited driving. The one problem we have had along those lines was overheated breaks descending twisty alone roads - fully loaded with 2 adults and all our luggage she takes some stopping!

Hope that helps and hope you find the right one for you soon!

Jess

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post